Kraton Hot racing or GPM rear Gearbox

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Boyce

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Which one to go for HR or GPM?
Why is the hot racing version not complete you have to use part of the original is there a reason for this?
Whilst the GPM version is a complete housing
What do you think?

Not sure, but I've had no issues with my Hot Racing gear box. That being said the GPM is almost twice the money and ships from Hong Kong. The Hot Racing comes with a nice sealed bearing but does not come with a sway bar holder. They're both made from Aluminum. It's a toss up I'd say. I haven't had much luck with GPM and I've had alot of luck with Hot Racing. I'd go with the Hot Racing parts are more readily available.

I debated also and ended up going HR since it is full machined. Some GPM parts are cast and it looked like the gear cases are.

I did get the GPM reservoir shocks for my Xmaxx project.

Justin

Hot racing IMO is great stuff. Never had an issue and I have quite a few of their parts on my truck.

That being said the GPM is almost twice the money and ships from Hong Kong. The Hot Racing comes with a nice sealed bearing but does not come with a sway bar holder. They're both made from Aluminum. It's a toss up I'd say. I haven't had much luck with GPM and I've had alot of luck with Hot Racing. I'd go with the Hot Racing parts are more readily available.

The price of the GPM includes the front and rear. The price of the Hot Racing is only for one piece.

Ahh I stand corrected the GPM piece pricing is for the complete bulkhead, gearbox and cover.

The piece from Hot Racing is only for the Bulkhead and it uses the stock cover. It does come with a larger sealed bearing and hardware.

Last edited:
You can buy the sway bar holder from Hot Racing seperate. I have almost every hop up part that Hot Racing makes for my Kraton. Battery tray and motor mount are the only things left I need to get. I bought some GPM Turnbuckles and could only use the rear ones the fronts aren't long enough really.

You can buy the sway bar holder from Hot Racing seperate. I have almost every hop up part that Hot Racing makes for my Kraton. Battery tray and motor mount are the only things left I need to get. I bought some GPM Turnbuckles and could only use the rear ones the fronts aren't long enough really.
You will have to put some pics up mate I'm interested in seeing that bet it looks mint how does the rear wing hold up any issues

Be careful with the GPM stuff. I hear some of the aluminum parts are not very strong. I have a few pieces on order from them, though nothing that should take the abuse as a gearbox would. There is a thread on here of someone that used a GPM aluminum brace I believe and it broke in a few pieces. It's a newer thread so should be easy to find. I'll update a thread with my mom parts once I get em in .

Ahh I stand corrected the GPM piece pricing is for the complete bulkhead, gearbox and cover.

The piece from Hot Racing is only for the Bulkhead and it uses the stock cover. It does come with a larger sealed bearing and hardware.

Great video! what do you edit with if you don't mind me asking?
and what device do you record media on?
I'm curious, I have a GoPro Hero 5 Black edition, naturally 3 weeks later they dropped the 6..
anyhow I do not like GoPro editing software, takes to long,i haven't had success, I am a Beta Tester for Expensive High End digital "Measurement" tools, for companies such as Fluke, Fieldpoece, Appion, to name a few, seasons coming back id like to give them a well deserved thank-you publicly, I did last year by sending clips to my Yale Trained in PC whatever, and he send back,
I don't want to keep doing this, Even tho were childhood friends...I bought a Fully Loaded 27'' Apple iMac PC, so iMovie, is easy for me, yet doesn't look so professional, I was just sent 2 complete I connect systems, w/all bluetooth tools, and a bag, w/companoes name, and perfect ploys for the tools

Thank-you on advance, you or anyone watching....heres the lays sent to me, like I said I-connect bluetooth w.all optioned, take a few seconds See how expensive it is to own just 1 circuit!!

This is just a plain ole 2 circuit, look at the cost of probes, BTW this is BY FAR the Cheapest place to get any and all tools for my craft, they are super helpful etc, check it out
\THIS IS WHY I ASK, LOL, And what I can contribute here, like you Max 5 min video's, people loose attention on the 35 minute preacher mead out there!!

https://www.trutechtools.com/Imperi...CRNI_GO3jXhDXs6j6zyXQnlg7ieX5rjxoC6iAQAvD_BwE

these are probes it comes w/ times 2
  • 1 iConnect (900-C)
  • 4 EasyWrap line temperature probes (901-M)
  • 1 12 foot long (cable) OutDoor Air Temperature probe (903-M)
  • 1 Wireless Temperature/Repeater Probe (912-M)
  • 2 Wireless Temperature/Humidity Probes (911-M)
  • 2 Wireless Low Pressure Probe (913-M) (comes with short connection hose)
  • 2 Wireless High Pressure Probe (914-M) (comes with short connection hose)
  • 1 Tool bag for kit transport (BP17 Back pack)

I debated also and ended up going HR since it is full machined. Some GPM parts are cast and it looked like the gear cases are.

I did get the GPM reservoir shocks for my Xmaxx project.

Justin
What are the differences with the xmaxx shocks to the kraton? With the 1:5 wheels there is not going to be any chassis slap and wondering about shock build/ mod

I am not quite sure what you are asking. I don’t usually purchase gpm parts due to being cast and not machined. I was just stating that I did purchase the gpm reservoir shocks because the quality appeared very good compared to other gpm parts.

Yes, x-Maxx shocks are much larger than Kraton shocks :geek:
3EE33B95-5CBA-47BA-A0E1-05998BC782EC.jpeg

Oh my, well the pic answers all my question and they are nice. Was looking if they made something along the 16mm sets

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back