Granite Hot racing pivot balls problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slouchybiscuit

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I purchased the hot racing pivot ball set for my Arrma Granite BXL. The pivot balls seem to be too wide for the upper link that connects to the upper shock tower. Not sure what to do....

174472981_785470082078099_4469848559291316075_n.jpg

Wet it if it doesn't fit 🤷‍♂️
Is it just that one pivot ball or truck location or all of them? If you are using ATF160B02 then they should fit. I have every 3S and 4S that they make and have them on all of them. I just replaced a worn out set on my granite this week.

I had the same problem and had to shave the towers. Arrma changed the towers at some point my old towers fit just fine.

New towers.
20210324_193701.jpg

Old towers.
20210324_193938.jpg

Thanks for the input everyone, Looks like ill have to shave the towers a bit, not really what i wanted to do but looks like i have no choice!, I tried really hard to jam them in but it just isnt going to work without shaving them

Thanks for the input everyone, Looks like ill have to shave the towers a bit, not really what i wanted to do but looks like i have no choice!, I tried really hard to jam them in but it just isnt going to work without shaving them
It's amazing how being 0.2mm off can make such a big difference in stuff fitting on these things.

I am extremely unimpressed with this kit. The pivot balls for the shocks are way too snug they don't rotate freely at all

I am extremely unimpressed with this kit. The pivot balls for the shocks are way too snug they don't rotate freely at all
This is the downside to Arrma making changes to their vehicles constantly. It isn't cost effective for these aftermarket companies to constantly have to change their products and end up with 5 of the same exact part but in different dimensions just to fit the newer model..........

This is the downside to Arrma making changes to their vehicles constantly. It isn't cost effective for these aftermarket companies to constantly have to change their products and end up with 5 of the same exact part but in different dimensions just to fit the newer model..........
This and if the aftermarket world was SPECIFIC with what they sent out, it would make it much easier on us lol Most do say what fits and what doesn't, but I suppose its up to us to figure things out sometimes haha

This and if the aftermarket world was SPECIFIC with what they sent out, it would make it much easier on us lol Most do say what fits and what doesn't, but I suppose its up to us to figure things out sometimes haha
I honestly think this was a rolling change as previously mentioned others didn't have fitment issues on their V3 models. And Hot Racing usually does a good job at specifying what models their parts fit on.

I honestly think this was a rolling change as previously mentioned others didn't have fitment issues on their V3 models. And Hot Racing usually does a good job at specifying what models their parts fit on.
Yea Hot racing is pretty good at that I'll have to admit. I had major issues getting some of them to fit on my v3 Granite lol

Yeah...the front ones were a bit tight on mine. I just took the edge off the tower at a slight angle instead of trying to open up the whole space. Took a few minute to mess around with those two, but everything else fit great. Kinda lame that Arrma sends kits out with plastic pivot balls to begin with!

Back