Kraton Hot Racing Servo Mount question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Vorteks
Has anyone ever used the Hot Racing Servo Mount for the Kraton? Never knew they made a servo mount, just stumbled on it today. Kind of looks like the Voltage Hobbies mount.

Yes. I was wondering if it was worth getting? Going to order a mount soon, and of it's good, I'll definitely order this one. Looks like a solid mount.

@Hypnotoad an aluminum servo mount is well worth the money. It doesn't matter if you do the DIY servo mount mod or buy one from GKA, Voltage Hobbies or even HR.

From what I've been told the HR is a cheaper aluminum and thinner than what you find on the GKA or even Voltage Hobbies, but in all actuality I have no doubt that no matter what you choose it will work just fine.

I can't see the servo mount being a part where one is better than the other. I guess slight variances in design could make one easier than the other. As long as it is rigid, it's going to correct the problem with the stock mount.....FLEX.

I have the GKA Brace. It's all one piece, looks good, and is from a small businessman who is a member here. However, the wires on my Savox1210SG protrude from the middle of the servo. In order to get the servo in the mount, I had to take the top of the servo off. I then reassembled the servo inside of the mount. I probably could have forced it, but I did not want to damage the wires. Also, 2 minutes with a Dremel tool and I would have been fine. Was not really even a concern or a negative aspect, in my eyes.

Depending on the servo you end up with I would order a set of small spacers. I ended up with the Hot Racing Spacers. I used them under the mounting tabs on the servo, to lift the servo off the chassis. This is only needed if your servo is taller than the stock servo. Then I used a 4mm spacer in the steering linkage, to compensate for the taller servo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back