Big Rock Hot Racing shock bodies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@MaddogMikeD just put them on his sons granite and they are silky smooth... night and day difference.
I’m overhauling my sons brcc so figured I’d upgrade the shocks too. The typhon 6s shocks are hard to find and aren’t cheap. I’m waiting on the rest of the parts to come in to do the build. Stuff I ordered a few weeks ago hasn’t come in. This damn corona virus is screwing up shipping

Has anyone had experience with the hot racing shock bodies? Are they better than stock? Do they leak? Thanks

been running them for a long time now.. no issues at all.. just keep in mind the piston to bore fit is tighter, (less oil bypass) so some experimentation my be needed on the oil wieght.. ✌

I'm happy with my HR :)
No green grease or what it's called, filled with oil, out and drive. Have been good for 8 months - 12 packs of batteries :)
My stock shocks was leaking after 3packs

Of course my luck. One minute they are in stock and now the fronts are unavailable. Every time my cheap ass decides to bite the bullet, it’s sold out haha I was able to order the tears and will have to wait for the fronts

These are supposed to be the best fix to do if your goal is just to resolve the leaky shock issues with the stock plastic shock body/O ring design?

They're a pain to assemble, but way better than stock, and for a good price.

been running them for a long time now.. no issues at all.. just keep in mind the piston to bore fit is tighter, (less oil bypass) so some experimentation my be needed on the oil wieght.. ✌
What’s a good starting point? My son bashes off-road and likes to send it. Nothing crazy but crazy enough to break it haha
What’s a good starting point? My son bashes off-road and likes to send it. Nothing crazy but crazy enough to break it haha
It has the +10mm hub extenders on it and typhon a arms going on it soon

Just got mine today for my granite. Found out i have a bent sock shaft on the right rear so i need to order a pair before i get them on the truck. ?

Attachments

• 6A5AC41B-F441-4606-A259-F4C7D36EAD26.jpeg
    6A5AC41B-F441-4606-A259-F4C7D36EAD26.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 380C53F7-7D3D-4C50-875E-A6CDBD1B1E25.jpeg
    380C53F7-7D3D-4C50-875E-A6CDBD1B1E25.jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 60
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back