Hot? Racing....should be NOT Racing!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*420+3RC*

420+3RC
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
So been having some extra slop. More than the normal. Thought no biggie servo is getting weak or maybe even the new aluminum Hot Racing aluminum servo saver. So instead of thinking I know and just removing the servo. I took the entire mount out. Easier anyways. But this is what I found. The damn link I guess have worn itself out so fast and so bad that the only thing that was keeping it attached to the servo what's the combination of the screw which is actually too small to hold it on there itself and being connected to the steering crank. Come on it's probably been just a handful of packs since installed

20211022_113650.jpg

Was there no washer to sit under the screw head and keep it attached? Pretty sure there's supposed to be a washer there.

HR is not all that. Bling yes. About all it is in many cases. Many have done this. So I never chanced any Servo HR parts. Stay with Stock.
A metal ball against an alloy end is a recipe for accelerated wear/slop. I woud also use a Kimbrough HD SS instead. Not fancy but cheaper and will perform. Hope I understood your issue. Maybe a washer missing like stated??? IDK.
Just me.:cool:

Was there no washer to sit under the screw head and keep it attached? Pretty sure there's supposed to be a washer there.
No sir.. not this time lol. But it's all good I've got some washers laying around. It never dawned on me when I was putting the thing in.
Put a washer under the screw to hold it on.
Will do
HR is not all that. Bling yes. About all it is in many cases. Many have done this. So I never chanced any Servo HR parts. Stay with Stock.
A metal ball against an alloy end is a recipe for accelerated wear/slop. I woud also use a Kimbrough HD SS instead. Not fancy but cheaper and will perform. Hope I understood your issue. Maybe a washer missing like stated??? IDK.
Just me.:cool:
Never even thought about the pivot ball being metal against that softer aluminum. Especially with all the dirt and whatever that gets in. At least this time it was a very cheap mistake 😆

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back