SOLD / FOUND Hot racing sliding motor mount insert - 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
I have the older hot racing motor mount and I'm pretty sure I stripped the threads out of it. I contacted hot racing and they replied almost immediately saying they don't sell just the plate.

Figured with the v4 ones out and everyone running nicer aftermarket that maybe there were a few of the old hot racing ones laying around someone may let go for cheap.

If I didn't have the HR top plate and front piece, I'd likely just get a v4 and be done with it... just seems a shame to discard $60 worth of stuff over what would likely be a $15 part.

The red piece from this is what I'm looking for:
aon38m01-6.jpg

I have the older hot racing motor mount and I'm pretty sure I stripped the threads out of it. I contacted hot racing and they replied almost immediately saying they don't sell just the plate.

Figured with the v4 ones out and everyone running nicer aftermarket that maybe there were a few of the old hot racing ones laying around someone may let go for cheap.

If I didn't have the HR top plate and front piece, I'd likely just get a v4 and be done with it... just seems a shame to discard $60 worth of stuff over what would likely be a $15 part.

aon38m01-6.jpg
I'll have a look when I get home. If I have one, it's yours.

Helicoil?
Thought about that, not sure there's enough material. I think helicoils are usually 2 sizes larger than whatever your replacing, so would need a large enough hole for a 6mm bolt for the helicoil with a 4mm ID. I never used one though... looks like I can get a cheap kit for $15-$20 to try.

I'll have a look when I get home. If I have one, it's yours.
Thanks!

If I can't find a replacement, I'll likely just get the v4 mount and do away with the HR stuff entirely... Can get a v4 sliding mount/top plate/front piece for under $20. I just liked having the "block" of aluminum in the center. Suppose I could go with the full PPS system, seems a bit overkill for what I do.

Actually, after looking at the helicoils, I don't think they would need a full 6mm, so that might be a good thing to try.

Last edited:

aon38m01-6.jpg
I've got 4 of them. You can have them.
20200916_180145.jpg

Got the new plate installed. One of the 4 had really good threads, another has about 3/4 good, but the other two are worse than mine, so those will be helicoil experiments if I feel like spending the $ on an install tool and helicoils.

The pinion was a bit chewed up, but I don't have another laying around. Should be fine for a while.

While installing the new plate, I noticed every bolt on the motor was loose!
- the two holding the plate to the motor
- the 3 holding the front cap of the motor on
- the 3 holding the rear cap on

All of them had blue locktite on them from when I installed the new bearings in it. They all now have orange. So, the HR mount thing stripping out may have been a bit of a blessing in disguise. Go figure!

Got the new plate installed. One of the 4 had really good threads, another has about 3/4 good, but the other two are worse than mine, so those will be helicoil experiments if I feel like spending the $ on an install tool and helicoils.

The pinion was a bit chewed up, but I don't have another laying around. Should be fine for a while.

While installing the new plate, I noticed every bolt on the motor was loose!
- the two holding the plate to the motor
- the 3 holding the front cap of the motor on
- the 3 holding the rear cap on

All of them had blue locktite on them from when I installed the new bearings in it. They all now have orange. So, the HR mount thing stripping out may have been a bit of a blessing in disguise. Go figure!
I'm glad one worked out for you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back