Hot racing steel 57 spur gear and HR 18T D5 pinion HR slipper clutch pad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan207265_RC

Reaction score
So I upgrade the pinion gear to HR 18T had 15T and HR slipper clutch pads, and HR Spur gear on my big rock and it has to much power can’t control it so I put it down to 75% and I can control it is that normal when you go higher pinion gear? I’m gonna do the same on my sons typhon it has 15T and upgrade to 18T…so what u guys think on the upgrade? Thank you…

2C094BDA-BD86-4CE0-A1FC-1B014673A15E.png

2DFEFED4-9857-43A9-BB0B-D8AB01015D1B.png

59C35820-6AC1-45B4-9125-BC9ED7D0D78C.png

Oh yeah is that good thing? dealing with steel gears? I just want to last longer instead of stripping…
I run an 18t pinion with the stock plastic spur in my Typhon 3s no issue. It actually has a ton of power off the line and has a good amount of top speed, I use it for bashing. I personally wouldn't get the aluminum pads.

I run an 18t pinion with the stock plastic spur in my Typhon 3s no issue. It actually has a ton of power off the line and has a good amount of top speed, I use it for bashing. I personally wouldn't get the aluminum pads.
Oh yeah so u think not putting those HR pads and just leave the regular pad on it? Cuz I was just getting info on it so they last long cuz the pads will wear out fast then aluminum pads….

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back