Senton Hot Racing Steering Bellcrank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBassBrent

Deep in the heat of Texas
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
Last week I stripped out my hot racing servo horn in a crash. Luckily I have a beefy servo and it survived. This incident got me to thinking. Shouldn't the servo saver kick in and keep this from happening? Testing my servo saver by hand, I can't get it to move. It's the aluminum on aluminum you get when you install the hr steering bellcrank. I found a few older threads on this topic but didn't really come to a conclusion on what most folks are doing about the hr servo saver not moving because of the aluminum on aluminum. File and lube the parts? Install one stock servo saver plastic piece? (I assume it would be the bottom piece.)

How is this working for folks who have the hr steering?

Attachments

• IMG_20190526_183359.jpg
    IMG_20190526_183359.jpg
    640.7 KB · Views: 107
Last week I stripped out my hot racing servo horn in a crash. Luckily I have a beefy servo and it survived. This incident got me to thinking. Shouldn't the servo saver kick in and keep this from happening? Testing my servo saver by hand, I can't get it to move. It's the aluminum on aluminum you get when you install the hr steering bellcrank. I found a few older threads on this topic but didn't really come to a conclusion on what most folks are doing about the hr servo saver not moving because of the aluminum on aluminum. File and lube the parts? Install one stock servo saver plastic piece? (I assume it would be the bottom piece.)

How is this working for folks who have the hr steering?
Aluminum on aluminum servo savers just don't work very well. All you can do is set them loose which is what I did with the one on my Super Rock Rey.

In case someone run across this problem in the future. I tore it all down last night, cleaned and greased the aluminum hr parts and reinstalled. Only tightened the servo saver nut about two threads up. The pieces moved more easily but once installed, it's was very difficult to activate the servo saver manually and I didn't think it was going to "save" anything during a crash so I ditched the bottom hot racing piece and put the stock plastic one back on. Reassembled and now the servo saver actually works. I'm kinda bummed that I have one aluminum and one plastic piece connected to the Ackerman plate now. I doubt I can tell a difference when driving, it's just a mental thing at this point.

Overall, I'm kinda disappointed with the outcome of the hr steering bellcrank, although it does do a good job of taking some of the slop out of the steering, the servo saver fails to activate which killed one servo and stripped a servo horn before I put the stock part back on.

In case someone run across this problem in the future. I tore it all down last night, cleaned and greased the aluminum hr parts and reinstalled. Only tightened the servo saver nut about two threads up. The pieces moved more easily but once installed, it's was very difficult to activate the servo saver manually and I didn't think it was going to "save" anything during a crash so I ditched the bottom hot racing piece and put the stock plastic one back on. Reassembled and now the servo saver actually works. I'm kinda bummed that I have one aluminum and one plastic piece connected to the Ackerman plate now. I doubt I can tell a difference when driving, it's just a mental thing at this point.

Overall, I'm kinda disappointed with the outcome of the hr steering bellcrank, although it does do a good job of taking some of the slop out of the steering, the servo saver fails to activate which killed one servo and stripped a servo horn before I put the stock part back on.
Can you show some pics of this setup? I just installed the HR servo saver on my HR bellcrank today and this is making me nervous. I’d like to avoid breaking my new servo if possible.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back