Granite Hot racing steering block

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bennyboy2

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Voltage
I recently snapped the stock steering block on a decent impact. So I decided to upgrade to the hot racing steering block. I didn’t realize that I needed the HR bell-crank to install onto as well. Oops. So I guess I will just have to buy the rest of the steering assembly . Luckily my LHS had some parts in stock and grabbed a pack.

From what it looks like with the block it doesn’t use the pivot ball and tie rod piece looks like straight bolt on threw some bearings

On my BRCC, I have the Hot Racing steering blocks installed and still running on stock (with bearings replacing bushings) otherwise. I chose to upgrade even before I broke em but I'm happy I did. Not a bad cost, looks good and I reckon they perform as I've had no issues with steering since.
My Granite though hasn't broken stock blocks and has easily taken more cartwheels than any of my 1:10 trucks. It does have upgraded, rubber-shielded bearings.
Both are fantastic 1:10 Arrma vehicles but my Granite seems invincible and I'm not afraid to beat on it like a mean dog.

I have been running the Hot Racing steering blocks without the bell crank, and everything has been running fine. What is making you think you need both?

Could one of you guys post a picture of your rig where the steering block connects to the steering mechanism. Would be great. I just couldn’t figure that out. After work I will post pics of where I talking about

I don’t understand how the steering block wouldn’t attach to the stock bellcrank? It’s just a turnbuckle on both ends?

HR Steering Block
6DE23B8B-A683-4E28-AC70-632C51E5379C.jpeg

HR Bellcrank
04B3FDD5-718D-4279-93B5-C503BC45C718.jpeg

That’s the hd bell crank not stock plastic one.

Hmm not sure how to connect the turn buckle to the HR block because there is just the set of 3 holes versus the stock one the shock ball thing fits inside the bottom and top piece with bolt going threw
ED5BFE02-C597-4558-995F-612E5EEEFEA4.jpeg
1BEA4278-AA58-41A3-8F6C-6131D0F13E38.jpeg

E65695FD-445A-404C-A1F2-CDBAB7133A3E.jpeg

That’s the HR c-block, steering block, bellcrank, pivot balls, RPM arms, Limitless shocks, with stock tie rod ends and turnbuckles. GRP S1 tires.

So you just have the pivot ball bolted straight on and not sandwiched between 2 pieces with threadlock. I will try that out tonight. Sorry noob here. Thanks for responses. Will touch back after attempting

So you just have the pivot ball bolted straight on and not sandwiched between 2 pieces with threadlock. I will try that out tonight. Sorry noob here. Thanks for responses. Will touch back after attempting
Yes. I had a washer at the top to keep the rod end from coming off when I was using the plastic pivot balls. But since putting on the HR balls and fresh ends, I haven’t needed the washer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back