Big Rock Hot Racing steering blocks installation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay81

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
Hey guys!

I'm just building a Big Rock and installed the HR rockers and the HR front/rear steering blocks/axle carriers(?).
Something seems to be off - the steering acts weird & asymmetric, goes through like an 45 degrees angle when I lift the suspension (long springs & cut out skid plates for max. suspension travel).
What way do the steering blocks go; nut (of the steering puhsrod-holder) up or down?
I'm confused, I've seen a both versions on pictures, and the original setup would suggest nut-down, but the offset of the steering knuckle-holder on the HR blocks doesn't correspond to that...maybe some pics can make that more understandable.
Any input would be highly appreciated! After realizing today that I had the whole front A-arms on upside down, i don't want to eliminate the possibility that I might have messed up somewhere else.

Attachments

• asymetric steering .jpg
    asymetric steering .jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 105
  • HR vs AR.jpg
    HR vs AR.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 64
  • HR vs AR2.jpg
    HR vs AR2.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 59
  • HR vs AR3.jpg
    HR vs AR3.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 60
Hey guys!

I'm just building a Big Rock and installed the HR rockers and the HR front/rear steering blocks/axle carriers(?).
Something seems to be off - the steering acts weird & asymmetric, goes through like an 45 degrees angle when I lift the suspension (long springs & cut out skid plates for max. suspension travel).
What way do the steering blocks go; nut (of the steering puhsrod-holder) up or down?
I'm confused, I've seen a both versions on pictures, and the original setup would suggest nut-down, but the offset of the steering knuckle-holder on the HR blocks doesn't correspond to that...maybe some pics can make that more understandable.
Any input would be highly appreciated! After realizing today that I had the whole front A-arms on upside down, i don't want to eliminate the possibility that I might have messed up somewhere else.
Looks fine to me. Maybe try putting the wheels/tires on and see how everything looks.

Those might be for the v1 kratons. What’s the part #
These are for current 6s models
5FF14734-7DF0-4D72-AE5F-D39D1FA9DE3B.png
these are for legacy 6s models. I’m not familiar with the big rock so I’m not sure what you need
71AF8EDA-AB39-4D91-9755-0A074CBD9C4F.png

Last edited:
Hey guys!

looks good , let the other guy said, put the tires and stuff back on and you should be fine

Thanks for your replies - I put the tires on, and it still isn't right.

Thy are part NRO21M01, for Nero Fazon Big Rock.

Maybe I'm supposed to put on spacers on between pivot ball and A-arms? That could stretch things out and align the blocks.
It's just that I haven't seen that anywhere else, and why would my BR require that...hm.

Attachments

• suspension full way.jpg
    suspension full way.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 65
  • suspension half way.jpg
    suspension half way.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 67
  • suspension null.jpg
    suspension null.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 67
Solved - they go nut-up (I had them upside-down). Bit of a design flaw, but it's working fine now. Can't wait to finish it all up and get this puppy runnin'!

Last edited:
So, opposite of how the stock nuts are. After looking at the pics again, I see what you're saying. Good job! Now finish that thing and have fun.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back