Talion Hot racing steering issue.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rukik

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Good day everyone,

So I installed the hotracing steering bellcrank and servo arm. I couldn't get the servo mount from hotracing, so I went with voltage hobbies. When I mount everything there is a big gap between the servo arm and where it screws into the bell crank assembly. Did I do something wrong, or do I need a spacer to fill the gap?

Can you put the link on top or on the bottom of the servo horn to reduce the gap? Careful it doesn't hit your servo?

Also a picture or two might help people work out where your issue is.

The red arm in this picture does reach the bellcrank?

Screenshot_20190422-081121.png

The red arm in this picture does reach the bellcrank?

View attachment 36138
Yes the red arm makes it to the bell crank at a 90' angle like it supposed to, but there is about a 4mm gap between the base of the red arm and the top of the bell crank where it screws in. I'll have to take a side shot when I get home.

Attachments

• 20190415_162150.jpg
    20190415_162150.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 62
Yes the red arm makes it to the bell crank at a 90' angle like it supposed to, but there is about a 4mm gap between the base of the red arm and the top of the bell crank where it screws in. I'll have to take a side shot when I get home.

Is that your truck?

Good day everyone,

So I installed the hotracing steering bellcrank and servo arm. I couldn't get the servo mount from hotracing, so I went with voltage hobbies. When I mount everything there is a big gap between the servo arm and where it screws into the bell crank assembly. Did I do something wrong, or do I need a spacer to fill the gap?
This will work with a longer bolt:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FGA0VSK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They will also work in a shock rod end on a Kraton, in a pinch.

Last edited:
That servo is only .5mm taller than stock. It must be because the mount is taller. Would ditching the rubber grommets help lower the servo a bit?

O
That servo is only .5mm taller than stock. It must be because the mount is taller. Would ditching the rubber grommets help lower the servo a bit?
I was thinking the same thing, and there should be a little play in the tie rods to get it to line up once the servo is dropped down. Just make sure the bottom of the servo isn't sitting on the chassis.

[
O

I was thinking the same thing, and there should be a little play in the tie rods to get it to line up once the servo is dropped down. Just make sure the bottom of the servo isn't sitting on the chassis.
Ok I'll try that out
QUOTE="bicketybam, post: 137512, member: 7209"]
Is that your truck?
[/QUOTE]
Yes that is my truck
This will work with a longer bolt:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FGA0VSK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They will also work in a shock rod end on a Kraton, in a pinch.

Thanks for the info, the bolt is long enough, there is just a pretty big gap, 4 1mm washers close it up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back