Big Rock Hot Racing upgrades 4x4 3s Blx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone should tell them to skip all the aluminum arm & hub junk and push out some CVDs & diffs since Arrma is taking their sweet time. The spur on all 3 are the same.

Does anybody know why the Big Rock 3s has a different spur gear than the Senton & Granite?
Interesting. I can't even find a replacement spur gear at the Arrma site for big rock 3s? AR310907
I do like that Hot Racing has some upgrades in the works.

Someone should tell them to skip all the aluminum arm & hub junk and push out some CVDs & diffs since Arrma is taking their sweet time. The spur on all 3 are the same.
Yeah true, but they will get there. As Crimsonfancy stated the partnumbers for the spurs on the Granite&Senton are different compared to the Big Rock. They also look different.

Yeah true, but they will get there. As Crimsonfancy stated the partnumbers for the spurs on the Granite&Senton are different compared to the Big Rock. They also look different.
They look different because they are, but all of the other parts for the slipper for the 3 cars are the same. That includes motor mount & casing. So they would obviously be interchangeable. Arrma must have redesigned the spur with larger tabs because of some issue with the plates. Hopefully HR's version will reflect this.

Another thing that I just remembered was when I had finished the yeti spur mod I ran into the issue that the 3660 2600kv HW motor w/ 5mm shaft couldn't even handle the weight of the steel spur on 3s let alone the 4s that I intended for it to run. The new motor instantly cogged & overheated. This is the same motor that I run in my 4s TRMT10e with no problems. That's when I dropped the overkill 4074 2050kv blx motor in it until I found that the 3674 1845kv motor could easily handle the strain on 4s. I'm thinking Arrma must be running into these same weight & heat issues with the upgrade parts. The huge diffs will definitely need more power if they are steel.

Ok, thanks, i wasn't aware of the spur gear issue, makes sense.
I see Hot Racing has based their metal spur on the new one from the BRCC.
Thanks for the tip on the metal spur, i will first try and see how the plastic one holds up. Adding metal to the drivetrian isn't always the best idea indead.
Yesterday i was checking my new BRCC and the rear diff was almost stuck. So i added a shimm and losend the screws, much better now.
The other problem is the very tight mesh between the pinion and spur. Is this normal with plastic spurs? I know metal gears need some play and this is my first rc with a plastic spur. The pinion is fixed but i could dremel the screw hole a little.

Ok, thanks, i wasn't aware of the spur gear issue, makes sense.
I see Hot Racing has based their metal spur on the new one from the BRCC.
Thanks for the tip on the metal spur, i will first try and see how the plastic one holds up. Adding metal to the drivetrian isn't always the best idea indead.
Yesterday i was checking my new BRCC and the rear diff was almost stuck. So i added a shimm and losend the screws, much better now.
The other problem is the very tight mesh between the pinion and spur. Is this normal with plastic spurs? I know metal gears need some play and this is my first rc with a plastic spur. The pinion is fixed but i could dremel the screw hole a little.

Mine is tight as well. Same with my Granite 3s BLX. No issues so far.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back