Outcast Hot Racing Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgerbitz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Fury
  3. Granite
  4. Nero
  5. Raider
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Talion
Hey guys,

I am looking to upgrade my outcast after breaking tons of stuff, so I Thought i would try the hotracing stuff that people have mentioned, but do they really make a big diff?

I am looking to get the following parts ordered, but wanted to know if they really make a diff?

AON21M01 - Aluminum Axle Carriers HD Bearings (black)
AON22M01 - Aluminum Rear Axle Carriers HD Bearings (black)
AON40M01 - CNC 6061 HD Aluminum Wing Mount-Karaton
AON28C01 - Aluminum Front Chassis Brace: (black) (typhon)
AON30C01 - Aluminum Rear Chassis Brace: (black) (typhon)
AON38A01 - Aluminum Center Differential Mount
AON1101 - Aluminum Differential Carrier Case

Hey guys,

I am looking to upgrade my outcast after breaking tons of stuff, so I Thought i would try the hotracing stuff that people have mentioned, but do they really make a big diff?

I am looking to get the following parts ordered, but wanted to know if they really make a diff?

AON21M01 - Aluminum Axle Carriers HD Bearings (black)
AON22M01 - Aluminum Rear Axle Carriers HD Bearings (black)
AON40M01 - CNC 6061 HD Aluminum Wing Mount-Karaton
AON28C01 - Aluminum Front Chassis Brace: (black) (typhon)
AON30C01 - Aluminum Rear Chassis Brace: (black) (typhon)
AON38A01 - Aluminum Center Differential Mount
AON1101 - Aluminum Differential Carrier Case

Well, the first question I have is what parts have you broken? I think these parts look great but with any aluminum upgrades you have to remember you are just moving around the weak points. Some parts are made to be the weak point for a cheap fix. Also adding all that aluminum adds more weight and therefore more stress to the non-upgraded parts. As an example, take the wing mount upgrade. The wing mount is a cheap fix. It's designed to flex and under extreme pressure it will break. Switch to an aluminum one and yes it will not break but transfer all that energy to the shock tower that transfers it to the plastic diff case. Me personally I would rather replace a wing mount. With that being said, I did upgrade to the HR chassis braces on my Kraton and will probably get the center diff mount. Again, I think these parts look great and add some nice bling. Ultimately it will come down to your driving style if it will make a difference. If you are one that beats the snot out of your car, which I am guilty of doing myself, some parts maybe worth it while others will just break other parts. I know that is clear as mud but I hope this helps.

Va-Jeep
Well, the first question I have is what parts have you broken? I think these parts look great but with any aluminum upgrades you have to remember you are just moving around the weak points. Some parts are made to be the weak point for a cheap fix. Also adding all that aluminum adds more weight and therefore more stress to the non-upgraded parts. As an example, take the wing mount upgrade. The wing mount is a cheap fix. It's designed to flex and under extreme pressure it will break. Switch to an aluminum one and yes it will not break but transfer all that energy to the shock tower that transfers it to the plastic diff case. Me personally I would rather replace a wing mount. With that being said, I did upgrade to the HR chassis braces on my Kraton and will probably get the center diff mount. Again, I think these parts look great and add some nice bling. Ultimately it will come down to your driving style if it will make a difference. If you are one that beats the snot out of your car, which I am guilty of doing myself, some parts maybe worth it while others will just break other parts. I know that is clear as mud but I hope this helps.

Thank you for your input, I just drove over a small snow bank(when i say drove, i mean bashed) , and broke parts and its pisses me off. I had it for a whole 10 mins..

I just purchased these stock parts:

ARRMA Hinge Pin Lower 4x67.5mm (2) - AR330381
ARRMA Gearbox Case Set - AR310427
ARRMA Suspension Mount Set Composite - AR330379
ARRMA Suspension Mount RF Aluminum Red - AR330186
ARRMA Suspension Mount RR Aluminum Red - AR330229
ARRMA Front Bumper Outcast - AR320363
ARRMA Heavy Duty Wing Mount Set Rear - AR320347

So I was just playing around, and wanted to make it more bullet proof for say. I have traxxas emaxx, slashes, and never had any issues.. so I am not sure if it was too cold, or already broken parts? My emaxx flew higher and landed on a wheel and cart wheeled and no damage.. hmm

Va-Jeep

Thank you for your input, I just drove over a small snow bank(when i say drove, i mean bashed) , and broke parts and its pisses me off. I had it for a whole 10 mins..

So I was just playing around, and wanted to make it more bullet proof for say. I have traxxas emaxx, slashes, and never had any issues.. so I am not sure if it was too cold, or already broken parts? My emaxx flew higher and landed on a wheel and cart wheeled and no damage.. hmm

Wow! That's a lot of broken parts. It must have been really cold when you crashed it. I have a bunch of Arrma cars and I haven't broken that many parts between all of them. The times I had broken any real parts was in the cold. I believe it was below 40 and I snapped a wing mount on the Kraton and a shock shaft on the Nero. I usually try and take it easy in the cold.

yeah it was pretty cold, it like 10F out, which is not freezing.. but i don't know why it broke.. so thats why I am wanting to get replacment parts..

yeah it was pretty cold, it like 10F out, which is not freezing.. but i don't know why it broke.. so thats why I am wanting to get replacment parts..

10C or 10F? 10F is below freezing and I don't think any plastic rc would survive a crash unscathed. I think those parts look really cool and would be nice upgrades.

10F ive never really had any more issues..

So the original question still stands, do those parts really make things stronger or worse.. should I even want to get those parts?

10F ive never really had any more issues..

So the original question still stands, do those parts really make things stronger or worse.. should I even want to get those parts?

Hmmmm....in my personal opinion I don't think some of the parts are really worth it. I have the chassis braces and it did take out a lot of flex from the chassis. I will probably get the center diff mount to make sure there isn't any play there. The motor mount I could see getting if you are constantly changing you pinion. As to the other parts I probably wouldn't get. The axle carriers are kind of pointless since the plastic is so thick there it would be hard to break. Wing mount is just bling and asking to break the diff case. The center diff carrier case looks like a bling item as long as you maintain the center diff. I would probably start off with a couple of items and see how you like it.

I wish i had a alum diff cases

HINT HINT - some please make the diff cases

Va-Jeep

Sounds like a freak breakage in the cold. I've been beating the living snot out of mine with hard bashes, huge jumps, and minimal problems. Kids have both beat the crap out of it too. Sorry that happened, especially first run, I'd be bummed, too.

Va-Jeep

Is your Emax stock or does it have upgrades done to it still that's a pile of junk I own one

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back