Hot wires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wags1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
My 3 esc cables are hot after running a few minutes. 20t pinion and hr adjustable motor mount. Mesh too tight? Thanks.

Could be too tight. Tight mesh will be louder and increase temps in the electronics. Are you running the stock esc and motor? If so that is a big pinion for 6s, especially for off road. I would drop down a couple teeth on the pinion.

I'd first check mesh. BRCC runs hot for me stock but after I put 18t, I immediately wrecked it and still needs fixing. Wasn't able to watch temps as I planned before I busted the shock tower.

Could be too tight. Tight mesh will be louder and increase temps in the electronics. Are you running the stock esc and motor? If so that is a big pinion for 6s, especially for off road. I would drop down a couple teeth on the pinion.
I forgot, its a 3s truck and stock electronics, I've got the hr mount in and readjusted my mesh and put the stock 15t pinion back in. I got the killer arrma clicking noise back though.... Just gonna let locktite cure overnight and try tommorrow. Just puzzled though, after I readjusted my mesh and got the "clicking" sound back, the 20t still made the cables hot. Other guy's are running 20t pinions and I've never heard of a complaint.

I'd first check mesh. BRCC runs hot for me stock but after I put 18t, I immediately wrecked it and still needs fixing. Wasn't able to watch temps as I planned before I busted the shock tower.
Oh man, that sucks. I put the stock 15t back in and gonna let locktite cure overnight and try tommorrow.

How hot is hot? Get a temp gun?

Could be a bum solder joint. Wouldn't hurt to peel off the heat shrink and hit them with an iron and some new solder, then shrink them back up.
I GOTTA get a gun! I put a 20t pinion in and just noticed the hot wires. I cant think that the soldering joints are bad because with the stock 15t in, no problem. Idk ..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back