HOTA D6 and Hobbymate chargers firmware update.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsonfancy

A guy that won't give up easily.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
The HOTA and Hobbymate are the same charger and run the same firmware. All Hota firmware for whatever model you have is available here. If you're on Chrome, you may want to use the auto translate feature.

http://www.hota-exp.com/index.php/service_l_2.html

1) Plug in USB cable into charger
2) Start Loader
3) Apply power with CH button pressed (unit beeps)
4) Load the software
5) Update

Should be a file you transfer to a thumb drive?

edit: maybe not if it requires a "loader"....
Hell no I haven't tried it. I don't want to be the guy to brick my charger if I don't do it right. lol

Should be a file you transfer to a thumb drive?

edit: maybe not if it requires a "loader"....
Hell no I haven't tried it. I don't want to be the guy to brick my charger if I don't do it right. lol
I just got mine and definitely not doing it.

Does anyone know why when I charge a battery what the screen colors mean?
The screen goes yellow, which is charging.
But then it goes green when the charge is done. It will say fast charge is done. Stays on that screen for 15-30 seconds then goes blue.
The blue screen just says 100% done. When does it actually balance? In the green screen for less than a minute?

Does anyone know why when I charge a battery what the screen colors mean?
The screen goes yellow, which is charging.
But then it goes green when the charge is done. It will say fast charge is done. Stays on that screen for 15-30 seconds then goes blue.
The blue screen just says 100% done. When does it actually balance? In the green screen for less than a minute?

When the screen goes green the battery is charged but still needs balancing. When it goes to blue screen it's done completely and balanced.

Interested in this charger. I would only use it on AC to charge 4s and 6s packs.

1) you guys still happy with it?

2) ever figure out how to update firmware?

3) ever have to email the manufacturer and if so did you get a good reply?

4) how long is it taking you to charge 6s packs and what are your settings?

Any other input would be awesome. Just bought an outcast and need batteries and a charger.

Interested in this charger. I would only use it on AC to charge 4s and 6s packs.

1) you guys still happy with it?

2) ever figure out how to update firmware?

3) ever have to email the manufacturer and if so did you get a good reply?

4) how long is it taking you to charge 6s packs and what are your settings?

Any other input would be awesome. Just bought an outcast and need batteries and a charger.

1. Absolutely. I'd buy another if I needed to charge more at a time.
2. Haven't updated because so far I haven't needed to.
3. No need to email manufacturer at all.
4. I'm not out there where the charger is but it doesn't take much time at all at 2c charge rate. Settings depend on the lipo pack.

For the cost, you'll be very happy with it. I'll try to remember to video my settings and process next time I charge a pack.

Thanks...where did you buy it? I'm thinking of going through SMC's website. Is banggood a legit site?

Thanks...where did you buy it? I'm thinking of going through SMC's website. Is banggood a legit site?
Banggood will take quite a long time but pretty legit. I bought mine from here and they ship fast and are a solid online company. I've spent plenty money with these guys over time:
https://pyrodrone.com/products/hota-d6-pro-charger-ac200w-dc650w-15a?variant=14827631575083

edit: I also wouldn't hesitate to buy from SMC. They also ship pretty fast and are trustworthy / legit.

Last edited:
Now I want another one in that blue color. lol Shipped free from Pyro with $50 minimum. The one I have is still the original 200w / 650w but the ones at SMC are updated 300w / 650w DC.

I also really like the footprint of this Hota and may end up with one for the field. Good buy at $90 and would be outstanding with a DC power supply :
https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=562

Now I want another one in that blue color. lol Shipped free from Pyro with $50 minimum. The one I have is still the original 200w / 650w but the ones at SMC are updated 300w / 650w DC.

I also really like the footprint of this Hota and may end up with one for the field. Good buy at $90 and would be outstanding with a DC power supply :
https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=562
I almost bought that one, but realized that it's only a single channel charger. The D6+ is dual channel. But, it would probably be good enough for the field.

Any of you have issues with discharging? My D6 wont discharge at any more than .2 amps. (Should be able to do 3 amps) Discharging from full charge to 3.8 storage. I hope I'm just missing a setting...got mine today from race day quads, good price fast shipping to US.

Ordered one also.....never knew about proper storage of lipos....hope the storage function on this charger works

Back