HOTA D6 and Hobbymate chargers firmware update.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any of you use the storage function for your lipos? If so does it work well?

Yes. If the pack will be sitting for more than a few days, it's recommended that you put the pack in storage mode, which is 67% charged. Every 4 or 5 weeks I'll take my unused packs, charge them, let the charger pull them down to 66.6% using the storage function, and then put them back on the shelf.

I have a Hota DC6+, and I love it. I'll never use the full capabilities of it for now because I'm running all 2S stuff, but it's nice to know I can do much more if I want.

- Jim

Yes. If the pack will be sitting for more than a few days, it's recommended that you put the pack in storage mode, which is 67% charged. Every 4 or 5 weeks I'll take my unused packs, charge them, let the charger pull them down to 66.6% using the storage function, and then put them back on the shelf.

I have a Hota DC6+, and I love it. I'll never use the full capabilities of it for now because I'm running all 2S stuff, but it's nice to know I can do much more if I want.

- Jim
I just received my D6+ a couple of days ago. Haven't used it yet, still waiting for the right connectors. But it's definitely more capable than my last one, which capped out at 50W. I'll probably keep that one for 2S and nimh batteries.

So...Has anybody run the firmware update yet? ?

My HTRC150 charger died on me last weekend during a club race and I was on the hunt for a decent replacement all week. I found the HOTA D6+ through internet searching and found several of you guys here saying good things so I ordered one. I wish it didn’t have XT60 connectors built into it but I bought some adapters and some 4mm bullet terminals to make my own adapters as well.

So...Has anybody run the firmware update yet? ?

My HTRC150 charger died on me last weekend during a club race and I was on the hunt for a decent replacement all week. I found the HOTA D6+ through internet searching and found several of you guys here saying good things so I ordered one. I wish it didn’t have XT60 connectors built into it but I bought some adapters and some 4mm bullet terminals to make my own adapters as well.

I thankfully haven't felt the need to update firmware. I also use adapters.

Mine is on the way....I downloaded the app from hotas website on my Android phone. It took a couple of times of opening and closing the app to load because it wasn't responding. Also, it wanted more permissions than I thought a charger app should need. But it eventually ran and was searching for a charger.

Any of you use the storage function for your lipos? If so does it work well?
Storage charge is an absolute must to use with any charger. always store your lipos at 3.8 volts. The Storage mode will either charge or discharge according to what's left in the pack, then balance and shut off. Your answer is YES and YES.

My D6 Plus delivered earlier in the week and it checked out just fine. It’s more compact than I expected especially considering the power. I printed up an adapter using female bullet connectors so I can use the charger with the pigtails I have from my other charger.
AE994E7F-6793-4EEC-9885-BEBEF6EAC0CC.jpeg
4B7B0037-6EC9-4A5A-8237-C304C3D91BE4.jpeg
E018F647-C66F-4F8B-960F-4F5A239506CF.jpeg
FF02DE7C-77A7-452D-B055-E8E95498D160.jpeg

How do you like the 4pm? I am trying to decide between that and a dx5 pro

The only "current" radio I have to compare it to is the Spektrum that came with my Senton. But when I was in the hobby before I ran Futaba exclusively. I had a 3PM, which was as solid as an anvil. They just felt much more solid than the other brands out at the time.

The 4PM feels much nicer than the Spectrum, which doesn't even include a foam steering wheel! Hey, I get it. It's made to a price point that lets lots of people get into, or back into, the hobby. The thing that drove me absolutely bonkers when I first got Futaba is the "jog button" control. I finally got around that by using a small wood stick like a coffee stirrer to move the knob, and now that I can access all the functions reliably and repeatably, I like the radio.

It's got tons of adjustability on things like how fast the throttle comes in ("Exponential"), and the same with the steering. I set up the radio to limit the throttle and steering as I learn to drive my on-road car, and then when I switch profiles to use it with the Senton, it's ready to rip!

It also supports all kinds of features for gas powered models that I'll probably never use.

And it does telemetry, something I might be interested in later.

Just received my charger.....

1) is it automatically set for 150 watts per channel on AC?

2) on SMC's website it says it will do 210 watts on AC when using one channel.....do I have to change a setting for that?

3) does the "charging" function also balance the pack? I was wondering why there is a separate "balancing" function.

Just received my charger.....

1) is it automatically set for 150 watts per channel on AC?

2) on SMC's website it says it will do 210 watts on AC when using one channel.....do I have to change a setting for that?

3) does the "charging" function also balance the pack? I was wondering why there is a separate "balancing" function.

I don't have that exact Hota model but mine is set up from the factory to do full watts per channel.
When you have only one task at hand it will give you the full jam. When you are charging at the second port, it will split the output automatically.
After the pack is charged it should beep once and show a screen color (I think green). Then it will start balancing automatically and after a few more minutes will change screen color to (blue, I think) and continue to beep intermittently (no harm leaving it for a while) until you remove the pack from the charger.

I have not tried DC power yet because I haven't found a power supply that I want and honestly don't need it to charge any faster than it does.

Hope this helps your peace of mind and get you going.

Same for my Hobbymate D6 Duo pro.
FYI I am running SW 1.0.26 updated 6 months ago.
BTW, I am using a 24v 400w PS. charging my 2 6S lipos at 6.5 amps charges much faster and within 45 min. over AC only.

Yes. 45 minutes at most today with a 60% 5500mah 6s pack at 2c charge rate. I was charging this single pack on one of the two ports (also doesn't matter which one as there's no preference with how the charger sees it.) Seems like it could've even taken a bit less time than that for me because all I was doing at the same time was switching out receivers and messing with adding a fan to the receiver ports. Was running out of daylight so I put the fan project off til later, bolted the rx box back up and got in one pack of run time before darkness.

I'm using the storage mode for my two 5000 mAh lipos, do I need to adjust the chargers stock settings of 1.0 amps and 3.8 v ?

I'm using the storage mode for my two 5000 mAh lipos, do I need to adjust the chargers stock settings of 1.0 amps and 3.8 v ?
You can up the amps to 5.0 (@1C) for Storage mode since you are charging a 5000mah Lipo pack. Lower is fine but, but slower to charge. The storage volt setting always stays at 3.8v per Lipo cell.

Back