HOTA D6 and Hobbymate chargers firmware update.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to make sure..... I was actually discharging in storage mode.....so can I still up the amps to 5.0?
You can discharge much faster than 1C. Most are rated to at least 30C. So you won’t ever have an issue with a 1C discharge.

Just updated to 1.0.38, worked fine on Win10.

Open Win application. Plug USB in to both charger and computer. Then powerup while holding CH.

Let go of CH and then start the update via the Win app before the blank screen and beeping stops.

1610295581969.png

They do not provide a changelog, if they do I've never found one.
Main change has always been the fan control, no feature changes.

If you have no issues, do not upgrade, just my advise. If you do, make sure you can go back to your version if you do not like the changes.

One iteration had the fans off by default and kick in at a certain temp, that lead to a constant up and down-spin during storage charge, very annoying.
I'm sticking with what I have and love it.

They do not provide a changelog, if they do I've never found one.
Main change has always been the fan control, no feature changes.

If you have no issues, do not upgrade, just my advise. If you do, make sure you can go back to your version if you do not like the changes.

One iteration had the fans off by default and kick in at a certain temp, that lead to a constant up and down-spin during storage charge, very annoying.
I'm sticking with what I have and love it.
Someone awile back posted update on the Hota, didn't want to be the Guinea pig. Mine works fine as is, so leaveing that way.

It's easy to update, i probably posted a how-to but really not necessary. I'll leave mine as is as well. Luckily I was able to downgrade after that one update that messed up the fan setting for the way I use it.

Just make sure you check your version before you update. My newest charger has a version that is way ahead of what is posted on the web.
Do not downgrade from what was installed by factory.

Just make sure you check your version before you update. My newest charger has a version that is way ahead of what is posted on the web.
Do not downgrade from what was installed by factory.
Anyone have trouble getting it into firmware update mode? I'm on win11, have the loader running, have the file loaded. USB connected, hold "CH" (even though it's not a real tactile button) and power it on, and it just turns on normally. CH button works fine while it's on, so not broken. Tried off Ac and off DC, same result.

Anything I might be overlooking? Everything else about it seems fine and it works fine - just looking to update.

EDIT: Never mind... usb port issues. Working fine.

The HOTA and Hobbymate are the same charger and run the same firmware. All Hota firmware for whatever model you have is available here. If you're on Chrome, you may want to use the auto translate feature.

http://www.hota-exp.com/index.php/service_l_2.html

1) Plug in USB cable into charger
2) Start Loader
3) Apply power with CH button pressed (unit beeps)
4) Load the software
5) Update
I can't get the Loader to download. I keep getting network error.

Does anyone know why when I charge a battery what the screen colors mean?
The screen goes yellow, which is charging.
But then it goes green when the charge is done. It will say fast charge is done. Stays on that screen for 15-30 seconds then goes blue.
The blue screen just says 100% done. When does it actually balance? In the green screen for less than a minute?
before its done charging it changes colors to tell you your almost done. The amps back off a little bit as you get closer to full charge. It balance automatically Just don't charge with too many amps. A 800 mah battery charge at below 0.8 amps , A 1500 mah battery at or below 1.5 amps A 6000 mah battery charge at or below 6.0 amps and so on

Back