Hota D6+ Owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone check for the sync charge on the lastest D6+ firmware - 1.0.15?

In case anyone's not exactly sure what to look for, it's at the bottom of the menu where you choose the task "charge, discharge, balance, storage, etc". Says something about synchronized. I believe I saw somewhere calling it "combined charging" too... but on my P6 it says synchronized.

My D6+ at 1.0.12 definitely doesn't have it. Was going to upgrade to 1.0.15 if it does... mine already does the thermostatically controlled fan cycling that I don't care about.

On the P6, which has about the same specs DC only, it combines the two channels into a single 400W 22A channel. And I saw D6 Pro reviews that I believe it was added in 1.0.40? Bummer if they didn't add it to the D6+.
Anyone check for the sync charge on the lastest D6+ firmware - 1.0.15?

In case anyone's not exactly sure what to look for, it's at the bottom of the menu where you choose the task "charge, discharge, balance, storage, etc". Says something about synchronized. I believe I saw somewhere calling it "combined charging" too... but on my P6 it says synchronized.

My D6+ at 1.0.12 definitely doesn't have it. Was going to upgrade to 1.0.15 if it does... mine already does the thermostatically controlled fan cycling that I don't care about.

On the P6, which has about the same specs DC only, it combines the two channels into a single 400W 22A channel. And I saw D6 Pro reviews that I believe it was added in 1.0.40? Bummer if they didn't add it to the D6+.

OK I bit the bullet and upgraded to 1.0.15 anyway and actually it does have sync charging at 22A.

Last edited:
Don't know the specifics but sync mode is typically used if you connect 2 of them same (dual charger) and you only select the charge mode for 1 channel, it gets duplicated to the other. Both charge at the same level, and it signals that it's done when both are charged.

Don't know the specifics but sync mode is typically used if you connect 2 of them same (dual charger) and you only select the charge mode for 1 channel, it gets duplicated to the other. Both charge at the same level, and it signals that it's done when both are charged.
I think the problem is it’s a dumb name… I don’t know where they came up with the word synchronized for it. You are bridging the two 15a channels together with a Y cable to get a single 22 amp channel. I think I’ve seen other chargers, call it combined charging, which is a much better name. So of course a single 22 amp channel is less power than dual 15 amp channels, but if you have a need for 22 A, it could be a useful feature. I end up using it at 20 A to parallel charge 4 3S batteries in a batt safe where I only have a single lead going into the box.

This is very common on car stereo amplifiers if you’re into that stuff. You can run an amplifier in 200 W stereo or as a 400 W mono block by bridging the two channels, for example.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back