Hota D6+ Owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used this via my cigarette lighter and it kept stopping after a few min - now my cigarette lighter port in my car no longer works? I may have blown the fuse for my cigarette lighter as I’m guessing it couldn’t support the amps that my charger was pulling? I then tried my 2nd cigarette lighter port and same result :(

DFA470DD-54AF-44C0-8D31-FA63CAD2986E.jpeg

F5F4EE15-823A-40CB-B935-64849CE4B8EF.jpeg

Happens automatically. Just connect DC input and all is well. Do Not connect both AC and DC at the same time.
At 12V your max charge rate will be limited. I believe the max input current is 15A (12*15=180W) but works just fine.
Cig lighter is probably fused at 10 or 15A, they will blow.

Happens automatically. Just connect DC input and all is well. Do Not connect both AC and DC at the same time.
At 12V your max charge rate will be limited. I believe the max input current is 15A (12*15=180W) but works just fine.
Thanks 🙏
So on AC, to charge my 2 x CNHL 6000mah 4s at the same rate equally I had to set my charge @ 9amps for both channels…what amps would I need to set each channel on DC for the same batteries?
I like it when they charge at the same rate in terms of amps…any higher than 9amps for each channel would mean that they would charge at uneven amps which I don’t like

So if the cigg lighter is rated for 10a and I charge 2 batteries at 4a per chan I'd be okay?

No, you have to do a little math and convert the power.

Lets say 3S at 4A = (3*4V)*4A = 48W *2 = ~ 100W

100W/12V(cig lighter) = 8.3A yes this will work with a 10A fuse

At 4S it's 4*4*4= 64*2 = 128W
128/12 = 10.7 A = blown fuse but probably will take a couple minutes, maybe you get lucky, and it won't blow

Obviously, at 6S it will blow the fuse right away.

No, you have to do a little math and convert the power.

Lets say 3S at 4A = (3*4V)*4A = 48W *2 = ~ 100W

100W/12V(cig lighter) = 8.3A yes this will work with a 10A fuse

At 4S it's 4*4*4= 64*2 = 128W
128/12 = 10.7 A = blown fuse but probably will take a couple minutes, maybe you get lucky, and it won't blow

Obviously, at 6S it will blow the fuse right away.
Thank you! sounds like using the cig lighter is not that great of an idea.

Really depends on your fuse, I have no idea what fuse is in front of your car. At max, the charger will pull 15A on ~ 12V. To get more power you have to increase the voltage above 24V and that is not a normal car battery.

I made this charge cable for my Hota - now do I need to add a fuse or does the charger itself have built in safety parameters for this?

B8779D0F-433D-4938-BBC7-2D84EDC98DE7.jpeg

Is this for charging the lipo or powering via DC?
Charging, no fuse needed.
As DC supply, the charger wouldn't provide any protection if the wires short out.
I don't use fuses, on these wires a risk of a short is miniscule.

Is this for charging the lipo or powering via DC?
Charging, no fuse needed.
As DC supply, the charger wouldn't provide any protection if the wires short out.
I don't use fuses, on these wires a risk of a short is miniscule.
sorry I should have added more context...its the 12v DC power supply from my car battery to the charger...do you think I should add a fuse or not required?

I wouldn't. The max current is 15A that the charger will draw. It's not fused, but not capable of doing more.
A short circuit could only come from a bad wire or a catastrophic failure.

If it makes you feel better, use a 20A fuse or thereabout.

Hello guys, I’m interested in this charger. Before I buy it, I’d like to know if the is a “sync charge mode” with the latest firmware update? It’s in order to charge faster very big lipo.
thanks a lot.
hugo.

Sync mode function? No
But the other channel always defaults to the setting of the one you just kicked off i.e. takes literally 2 button pushes to charge the same on the other channel.

I know that the D6 Pro has this function. It allows you to combine the two channel (you can set the charger up to 22A or 23A) to charge a battery faster.

I do rc in touring 1/10 car. So in stock class everybody is used to charge the batteries at 20A. To achieve that, most people uses icharger with big power supply. I’m looking for a smaller charger with a built in power supply.
That’s why I’m asking if there is a sync charge mode as the Hota D6 pro (to be able to charge at 20A).
Plus I need to power my tyre warmer. The D6+ can do that.
So it is the perfect charger for my use if there is a sync charge mode.

Thanks a lot. You’re right but the spec sheet are not up to date. For sure the latest firmware update allow the D6 pro to do “sync charge” but I can’t power my tire warmer with this device. So my main question is: do the D6+ has also the updated firmware with this function?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back