Hota D6 pro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatCatRC

FatCat Team Racing
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
Does anyone here have a translated manual for the Hota D6 pro charger. I figured out how to make it work for the most part but I would like the manual if possible, I can only find one in chinese.

I have the Hobbymate, D6 Duo Pro. One or the other is a clone/rebrand.
I use it with a 400wat 24v PSU. :cool:
This is all the documentation that came with it. Just the specs. basically.
But it is intuitive and standard software is easy enough to use. Using this for a few years now when it first came out. The best charger I ever owned so far. 2 6000 mHa 6S bricks charged in under 1 hour from storage state. (3.8v/cell) This was also offered in Black when I ordered mine. This is one serious charger.
I upgraded the firmware in mine early on. It's very tricky to do. I found a video that helped me just slightly. I figured it out on my own week later :LOL: . Not much documentation available for it. But you don't really need it.
20200727_194342.jpg
20200727_194120.jpg

Last edited:
I more or less want to know if it connects to the app on my phone or not and if it has a way to turn it off without having to unplug it Everytime.

No App or PC interface available. Checked on this already. Unplug/plug to toggle power. No switch. Most chargers don't have an on/off sw. I have the PSU used with mine plugged into a switched power strip. BTW, I love charging my phone. Both wireless and USB. The USB port is high power/high amp. Charges phones fastest in my home. My older other cheap charger, SKYRC IMAX b6 AC uses a PC USB interface and software to run it if I want. I got spoiled with it. But its an older spec'd charger overall. I don't use it much unless I have a bunch of packs to charge at the same time.

Last edited:
No App or PC interface available. Checked on this already. Unplug/plug to toggle power. No switch. Most chargers don't have an on/off sw. I have the PSU used with mine plugged into a switched power strip. BTW, I love charging my phone. Both wireless and USB. The USB port is high power/high amp. Charges phones fastest in my home. My older other cheap charger, SKYRC IMAX b6 AC uses a PC USB interface and software to run it if I want. I got spoiled with it. But its an older spec'd charger overall. I don't use it much unless I have a bunch of packs to charge at the same time.
Okay thank you. I might wire a toggle switch in my charging box to turn it off an on I don't want to keep unplugging it.

Okay thank you. I might wire a toggle switch in my charging box to turn it off an on I don't want to keep unplugging it.
Why go through the trouble of wiring a Pwr. switch?
Just use an inexpensive "Switched" Power strip. :cool:
20200728_080740.jpg

I never liked power switches on chargers. Some older models get damaged when batteries are connected or discharge the batteries. Always a good reminder to disconnect batteries and subsequently disconnect the power cord. That is just me.

I'm idly messing about with my charger and found this thread and thought I'd bump it and add some more info in the (maybe unlikely!) event it helps someone.

I've had this charger over 18 months now and really like it, by the way... The wireless charging pad is a nice touch that I use a bit too.

The HOTA and Hobbymate are the same so if you want old firmware and an English manual you can get them from here;
https://hobbymatehobby.com/en-gb/pages/products-technical-documents-manual

My HOTA D6 Pro came with Firmware 1.4 installed. Joshua Bardwell made a video about 1.4 and recommended to stick on 1.35 unless you want the extra feature. I checked the HOTA site and there is no info, but the downloadable firmware is 1.44 and it's working OK so far.

For those that prefer text to video;

- Download and unpack the Loader tool
- Same with firmware
- Open the tool, click open, find the firmware
- Connect the charger to USB and power (don't turn on yet!)
- Hold down the CH button as you power on
- While it's beeping, click Update

Another little tip I found is you can rename the charger, should you want.
- Long press wheel
- System Parameters
- Device name : scroll / click to enter
- Long press scroll wheel to enter
Device name is now shown at the top of each channel

Yeah I really like the Performance of the D6 Duo Pro. myself. I even have 2 of them now. These chargers have High End internal DC power supplies. I saw one detailed review and it was dissected . And he revealed a rather expensive PSU that HM uses in the Duo Pro. QC on the PCB is also very good.

However.....the only thing I don't like is that scroll wheel, after they get well used. The Scroll wheel will skip the menu, jump up or down erratically.
I took one apart carefully and used electrical contact spray on the scroll switch, and it helped a bit.:unsure:
I just recently got an ISDT K2 Air. Similar F/W and specs. But uses a Simple Button press for menu navigation.
I use External 24v/400wPSU's on all my Chargers. FWIW. I just now finished charging 2 6s 5500mah bricks on my K2 Air, both lipos in exactly 35mins at a 1C rate. I'm going out to bash my New FT. Maiden run. :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back