Hotlaps RC: Premature Acceleration Series

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21STalion

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hey guys just finished posting our Hotlaps RC: Premature Acceleration Series footage from the last week at our private track.

See all the buggies, Truggies, and SCT take a ride at Hotlaps

Types of cars:
Arrma, traxxas, kyosho, TLR, Associated, Tekno, whatever you got really

Much fun was had

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLko-rRv-63sOpNQlh3Hn24qLG61teVmn9

Hey guys just finished posting our Hotlaps RC: Premature Acceleration Series footage from the last week at our private track.

See all the buggies, Truggies, and SCT take a ride at Hotlaps

Types of cars:
Arrma, traxxas, kyosho, TLR, Associated, Tekno, whatever you got really

Much fun was had

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLko-rRv-63sOpNQlh3Hn24qLG61teVmn9
LOVE IT!!! Awesome set up!!! I might have to copy some of your setup design! :p

Man, I'm in the process of extending my track and trying to think of a bridge/tunnel concept....I like yours! What type of wood did you use and is it propped up by anything else except dirt? Any tips/suggestions on it? Your lights solar or electric?

Thread 'Smilinbri's RC track build' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/smilinbris-rc-track-build.52483/

Alot of work into that track! Looks awesome👍🍻 How do the neighbor's feel aboot it? Looks like a typical residential lot in a sub development? This guy wouldn't mind an rc track next door but I'd guess not everyone feels the same?
BTW, love the title of the thread🤣🍻

Last edited:
Alot of work into that track! Looks awesome👍🍻 How do the neighbor's feel aboot it? Looks like a typical residential lot in a sub development? This guy wouldn't mind an rc track next door but I'd guess not everyone feels the same?
Thanks! Yeah, we are more outskirts/country. Only 4 houses on our road. They are older (except neighbor that shares track prop line with me-he's cool though) and don't seem to mind. Only running electric so it's not too loud. I am installing solar lights soon, so we'll see how they feel when we have a bonfire and run some rigs at night! 😂

Thanks! Yeah, we are more outskirts/country. Only 4 houses on our road. They are older (except neighbor that shares track prop line with me-he's cool though) and don't seem to mind. Only running electric so it's not too loud. I am installing solar lights soon, so we'll see how they feel when we have a bonfire and run some rigs at night! 😂
I see that it looks pretty rural around your track👍 I was referring to the OP @21STalion aboot the neighbors.
I'm in a rural area too. Most everyone around me has 5 acres or more..except of course the neighbor closest to my track🤣🤣 Luckily it's just a vacation home for them so they're only there a few weekends a year🤘😁🍻

LOVE IT!!! Awesome set up!!! I might have to copy some of your setup design! :p

Man, I'm in the process of extending my track and trying to think of a bridge/tunnel concept....I like yours! What type of wood did you use and is it propped up by anything else except dirt? Any tips/suggestions on it? Your lights solar or electric?

Thread 'Smilinbri's RC track build' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/smilinbris-rc-track-build.52483/
Yeah the bridge tunnel has long been a work in progress and we are so happy we paved it finally just a few weeks ago.

It's mostly weather treated wood and marine plywood. We have replaced the "floor" a couple times trying to manage something strong but still see through. We might paint it black.

Electric lights. Bright ass LED ones.

I'll try to get some more details for you later today or tomorrow.

Thanks! Yeah typically lot in a city with larger lots. Neighbors all around and an easement at the end of the lot helps a lot too.

We try not to run nitro to avoid any noise complaints, but other than that everyone seems to love it.

Lights are totally worth it, we run into the wee hours often. That's why my cars run so cool because night time is twice as cold!

Careful with those plastics haha

Check out how smooth that dirt is when the guy sweeps it. That's hard pack smooth clay.
O yea, nice and flat!!! You could run just about any type of rig on that! (y)

I'm East coast but we ain't got no GA red clay here! Lol...and it's pricey.....I use what I have and I order screened fill dirt for ramps and berms. I'll leave some rocks and stuff that start poking out just to keep it natural. Easier that way-lol It does get decent when I push broom it, but nothing like the video!!:D

O yea, nice and flat!!! You could run just about any type of rig on that! (y)

I'm East coast but we ain't got no GA red clay here! Lol...and it's pricey.....I use what I have and I order screened fill dirt for ramps and berms. I'll leave some rocks and stuff that start poking out just to keep it natural. Easier that way-lol It does get decent when I push broom it, but nothing like the video!!:D
We use regular top soil but have them sift it. It's 80% clay and 20% sand. The recent track upgrade in April we built a sifter and started sifting all the top layer then added another two dump trucks worth clean sifted

Used to uncover a lot of potato rocks but they are nearly gone now with a solid stoney layer surrounding the outside of the track 🤣

Gotta stay the track surface is nicer than even our local pro tracks but that's probably because we got someone working it almost daily.

Also someone donated a compactor a few months ago yeehaw!

Here are some Arrma cars tackling that turn from a different angle

We use regular top soil but have them sift it. It's 80% clay and 20% sand. The recent track upgrade in April we built a sifter and started sifting all the top layer then added another two dump trucks worth clean sifted

Used to uncover a lot of potato rocks but they are nearly gone now with a solid stoney layer surrounding the outside of the track 🤣

Gotta stay the track surface is nicer than even our local pro tracks but that's probably because we got someone working it almost daily.

Dang...u all went all out! That's so awesome!! I'll have to look into getting some dirt/clay/sand like that. Love the SCTs on these tracks! So much fun!

Yeah man! Lookin good! My brother and I (mostly I) have been working on a track for a couple years now..nothing technical at all compared to what y'all have. Basically a figure eight in the woods. It's all clay and rock though, I mean it's so compacted that there's never any tire tracks or erosion from the rc's. Even racing xmaxx's doesn't scratch the surface.. I've even considered running foam tires it's so hard🤣🤣 Enjoy👍
Hmm, anyone know where I can get foam tires for an xmaxx🤣🤣

Haha@ I found some sand from an old horseshoe pit! Now I got .25% sand and 99.75% MD earth dirt! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I'm getting there! Lol
20220603_135707.jpg

I also got this last year. Works pretty well on berms and Ramos. My dumba$$ didn't hang it so it's got a big dent in one side! 😂Still works well though!
20220603_135737.jpg

Yeah man! Lookin good! My brother and I (mostly I) have been working on a track for a couple years now..nothing technical at all compared to what y'all have. Basically a figure eight in the woods. It's all clay and rock though, I mean it's so compacted that there's never any tire tracks or erosion from the rc's. Even racing xmaxx's doesn't scratch the surface.. I've even considered running foam tires it's so hard🤣🤣 Enjoy👍
Hmm, anyone know where I can get foam tires for an xmaxx🤣🤣
That's awesome. Share some pics It don't matter what it looks like, as long as you can race and have fun on it, that's all that matters!!! Race on my dirt track bros, race on! ✌️

Haha@ I found some sand from an old horseshoe pit! Now I got .25% sand and 99.75% MD earth dirt! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I'm getting there! Lol
View attachment 221358
I also got this last year. Works pretty well on berms and Ramos. My dumba$$ didn't hang it so it's got a big dent in one side! 😂Still works well though!
View attachment 221359

That's awesome. Share some pics It don't matter what it looks like, as long as you can race and have fun on it, that's all that matters!!! Race on my dirt track bros, race on! ✌️
I gotta turn it before I can roll it, thats the issue I have. Being amongst so many trees and the fact that I live in the town of rocks, I don't see our track getting tilled anytime soon..I'll have to bring dirt in to make any real changes. The good thing about it is lots of shade👍😎🍻

I gotta turn it before I can roll it, thats the issue I have. Being amongst so many trees and the fact that I live in the town of rocks, I don't see our track getting tilled anytime soon..I'll have to bring dirt in to make any real changes. The good thing about it is lots of shade👍😎🍻
We had to embrace the trees, drive around them, and have the roots built up into jumps. These suckers are 40' tall.

But gives good rain cover and shade. We can still race on a very light rain for a short while before it gets through. Helps on those iffy days.

The hard pack soil does not drain at all. It's like concrete for drainage. Sheets right off and pools. There are pipes built into the track to help and it's all sloped so the water can be pushed off if it can't be pumped.

It's an incredible amount of work, that luckily some absolutely devote people are willing to keep up for us to enjoy.
I bet yours dries much faster tho😁🍻
It's been raining a couple times a week still here (unusually wet). Everytime the weather man says it's holding for 24hrs someone is out there sweeping it dry for racing 🤣🤣🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back