How about this one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Be Ready

Built, Broke, Rebuilt, Repeat...
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Mojave
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
Going to get a solder station. Was looking at the Wellers when I came across this one. Good reviews 60 Watts w/ extras. What do you all think of this one instead?

Attachments

• C867299F-0093-46FD-B917-85973B48F61E.png
    C867299F-0093-46FD-B917-85973B48F61E.png
    392.6 KB · Views: 82
Going to get a solder station. Was looking at the Wellers when I came across this one. Good reviews 80 Watts w/ extras. What do you all think of this one instead?
For that price, seems worth a try. My old Weller stick isn't adjustable, is under powered and looks like it went to battle and lost. Until it stops working, still gonna hold on to it for the light jobs.

I think for 60$ can’t got wrong with xtornic mentioned above
Will be what I’m ordering soon. Gotta recoup from Christmas
The 700$ on my new crawler hurt. But she’s bad azz

Idk man a $100 investment isn’t really that much in the grand scheme of the hobby for a tool I can use for so many things. It’s not something that will wear out or go bad. It’s a buy once and done type product.

I really don’t have a use for a soldering station outside of the RC hobby. I’m all about buy once when it comes to tools. Just looking for the best bang for the buck. Thanks for the replies, guys!

I really don’t have a use for a soldering station outside of the RC hobby. I’m all about buy once when it comes to tools. Just looking for the best bang for the buck. Thanks for the replies, guys!
I'm with you there @Be Ready. I was having a hard time picking a station also. I decided on the KSGER T12. Hope I made a good choice

Idk man a $100 investment isn’t really that much in the grand scheme of the hobby for a tool I can use for so many things. It’s not something that will wear out or go bad. It’s a buy once and done type product.
Hakko is worth it's weight in gold

I can also highly recommend the TrakPower TK950 Soldering Iron Station 60W | Chisel Pt. & Pencil Tips | Sponge | Stand & Decals as linked above.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1&&tag=arrma-20

It even comes with the perfect chisel tip you will use 95% of the time.
I went through a few budget brands trying to find a good cheap one too.
I wish I had gotten the Trakpower first. Its a re-branded HAkko

I can also highly recommend the TrakPower TK950 Soldering Iron Station 60W | Chisel Pt. & Pencil Tips | Sponge | Stand & Decals as linked above.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1&&tag=arrma-20

It even comes with the perfect chisel tip you will use 95% of the time.
I went through a few budget brands trying to find a good cheap one too.
I wish I had gotten the Trakpower first. Its a re-branded HAkko
It's $80 plus $15 shipping at that price the hakko is a 5 dollar difference

I got this one a couple weeks ago

Soldering Station, 65W Tilswall Solder Station Welding Iron with Smart Temperature Control (392°F-896°F), Extra 5pcs Soldering Tips, Built-in Transformer, Ideal for School Lab & Hobby https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XG1PD6D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_BmJdEbR3PJM63

It is a really freaking good iron. When you unpack it for the first time you'll be surprised by the heft of the transformer, the quality of the plastic, and came with 6 Hakko knockoff tips that are decent.

I wish RadioShack was still around. I have their 60w "Pro" digital soldering station, and it is great. At $80, I can't see how you could get much better, other than just more power. When I do need more power, I grab either my 90W Milwaukee M12 iron, or my 200w weller solder gun. :)

I love my trakpower. I love how quickly it rebounds.

No Rebound with my RadioShack. It just holds 788f, even while tinning 10g wire, or soldering 6.5mm cups. But maybe the gauge lies a bit, as my 90w M12 will do the job quicker, and it is supposed to be "only" 750f.

There’s a review of that somewhere on the web can’t find the link
Sorry it was this model. Got good reviews
I got this one as a xmas present to myself. Have done a bit of work with XT90s and 3.5mm bullet connectors. Mine came with an extra 5 bits (got it on ebay for AU$41) under the "WEP" brand. No issues so far. Heats up well and the lead is nice and flexible.

Still have been doing a lot of reading... Hakko looks like the way to go if I was doing a whole lot of soldering or was using it for business. TrakPower looks like a great choice also. My lhs uses one of those units. But with everything I need one for should be able to be done by the X-Tronics 3020. Their in the top 3 of all the reviews I've read. I realize $100 bucks ain't much in this hobby and I love quality tools but,The 3 years warranty and the reviews are why I'm leaning towards the X-Tronics. Still reading but close to pulling the trigger. Thanks for your all's input!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back