How are you guys keeping your wires neat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a slob..zip ties and heat shrink here..🤷‍♂️ any color goes😎
What can I say, I'm more about the go than the show😁👌
The wire loom offers good protection, I don't have the patience though.. I'd end up with my fingers stuck in it..😖🤔😉

Attachments

• chinese-finger-trap.jpg
    chinese-finger-trap.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Here's the way to go,easy,fits more sizes of wiring

Screenshot_20230328-220459_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Heres a piece wrapped around brace with super long xlx2 wiring stuffed inside because im to lazy to shorten them.lol

Attachments

• 16800595581703664396257704564472.jpg
    16800595581703664396257704564472.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I use the fly sky temp and voltage sensors. It adds a ton of wires and stuff that look a mess with zip ties. I’m toying with installing a second receiver box to on the rear of the chassis to hide as much of it as possible.

I've used the loom based on a recommendation on the forums and I figured out how to get it on reasonably well and I really think it's worth it.

How do people cut it and finish the ends so it's not a frayed mess? Best I've been able to come up with, and not super satisfied with it, is to melt it with a really hot soldering iron to cut it. But sometimes that globs the end with melted plastic too much and it won't stretch open anymore, so try again (its cheap), and if I just get it right, it works cleanly enough. Then shrink wrap the ends to tidy them up. If I just cut it, it's all spread and frayed.

What do you do?

I melt it a little with a lighter just to keep it civil, then I use the heat shrink with adhesive in it to secure the ends to the wire.
😲 How did I go all my life not knowing they made heat shrink with adhesive in it!

Have you tried using a piece of heat shrink on the ends ?? That usually does the trick and keeps it nice and tight.
I've used the loom based on a recommendation on the forums and I figured out how to get it on reasonably well and I really think it's worth it.

How do people cut it and finish the ends so it's not a frayed mess? Best I've been able to come up with, and not super satisfied with it, is to melt it with a really hot soldering iron to cut it. But sometimes that globs the end with melted plastic too much and it won't stretch open anymore, so try again (its cheap), and if I just get it right, it works cleanly enough. Then shrink wrap the ends to tidy them up. If I just cut it, it's all spread and frayed.

What do you do?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back