Mojave How are you keeping your chassis free of debris?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon Mega
  5. Vorteks
Has anyone come up with some clever ways to keep rocks and such out of their Mojave? I am aware of options like Scorched Fenders ($90 $80 Canadian) or mesh covers ($50-70 Canadian, and apparently retain heat). I am seeking other ideas, such as using coroplast / corrugated plastic, an upside-down box with small holes... I'm open to ideas!

Last edited:
Scorched inner fenders!
https://scorchedparts.co.uk/product...fenders-mudguards?_pos=7&_sid=1ee77ca9c&_ss=r

20220625_193506_HDR.jpg

Edit: I have ran without my fenders twice, I will never do it again! The time blowing out grass and dirt or shaking out rocks is awful. I think even with holes a box of some sort will retain too much heat. I know there are the "Tubz" protectors but like the bag covers only protect the motor, ESC, and other components. The fenders help keep debris away from the rear axles.

Last edited:
I know you mentioned the scorched fenders as expensive……I don’t think I paid that much for them.

They are the best option……period.

cheers,
kev

Scorched inner fenders!
https://scorchedparts.co.uk/product...fenders-mudguards?_pos=7&_sid=1ee77ca9c&_ss=r

Edit: I have ran without my fenders twice, I will never do it again! The time blowing out grass and dirt or shaking out rocks is awful. I think even with holes a box of some sort will retain too much heat. I know there are the "Tubz" protectors but like the bag covers only protect the motor, ESC, and other components. The fenders help keep debris away from the rear axles.

Get the scorched fenders. They’re great.

I don't think you read my post all the way through. :sneaky:

I'm aware of these, and no doubt they're great. But those are going to run me nearly $100 $80 CAD after shipping, taxes, etc. and my local hobby shop said I'm better off ordering those on my own. I was looking for an alternative to them.

Embrace the rocks and dump them out when you’re done. If you don’t collect rocks you’re doing something wrong. :p

I would, but, on day ONE of running my new Mojave, I managed to get a huge rock stuck under the pinion and had I not heard an odd noise, I could have rounded off my new pinion and overheated my new motor. I've collected lots of debris before with my Big Rock and Vorteks, but not like this...
I know you mentioned the scorched fenders as expensive……I don’t think I paid that much for them.

They are the best option……period.

cheers,
kev

Are you in Canada though? A lot of parts are insanely priced here compared to the US.

Last edited:
Agreed with the hairnet/ or a pair of womens nylons
I’ve been contemplating buying this one

B52A1EDC-DB8F-4509-8C75-5B8CF798C46C.png

https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Cover,Damp-Proof-Pedestal-Dustproof-Protection/dp/B08BFBSGR5/ref=pb_allspark_dp_sims_pao_desktop_session_based_sccl_2_5/134-2385391-6316663?pd_rd_w=04AyN&content-id=amzn1.sym.6b5008ac-c24a-4aea-a3ea-015a531184f5&pf_rd_p=6b5008ac-c24a-4aea-a3ea-015a531184f5&pf_rd_r=MWQYW252QMFFNHKYJ4F3&pd_rd_wg=9VONv&pd_rd_r=386d0788-b248-4a16-9f01-32b441fc74b7&pd_rd_i=B08BFBSGR5&psc=1

Last edited:
I hope the fender arrives sooner than later... 😆

View attachment 228672

View attachment 228673
My mojave was looking similar..they all do right?🤣 It (and pretty much any SCT) are vacuum cleaners!🤣🤣 I actually had mine packed with mud similar to the amount of grass you have here☝️..it'll never look the same after that..
I ended up making my own guards, no doubt the scorched are the best option but I wasn't paying what they cost. I bought more batteries instead😉
Try this. My DIY dirt shield and cooling system. I cover it with plastic using masking tape before putting on the body. Almost zero dirt and very efficient cooling.
View attachment 229414

View attachment 229415

View attachment 229416
I say if it works, who cares what it looks like? I'm not interested in a fashion show myself..just me.
Nice work👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back