Kraton How bent is bent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
Snapped my rear wing mount today and as I was inspecting it, I suspect my rear shock tower is bent, but I'm not sure if it's a concern. It looks like the top is bent forward slightly. Like if you pushed in and down where the shocks mount. It's not a huge bend, but I have to order a new wing mount so I need to know what else to buy to save on some shipping costs.

Tried to use a piece of cardboard as a straight edge.

20210421_183334.jpg

20210421_183427.jpg

Edit: Ignore the black piece on the left of the shock tower in the last pic. That is the busted up taillight and is not a representation of straight haha.

Yes it's bend but not really. Just bash on. you can straighten it out if it gets too bad but eventually you will get tired of it and upgrade.
Yes, M2C is top of the line but there is no real comparison between carbon, M2C alu or titanium towers. Pick what you prefer, they all break at some point but the bar is much higher.
I have yet to get a dent in my M2C towers despite some major abuse.

That’s not bent enough for me to do anything with it. The front tower on my Typhon is tweaked more than that and it still drives fine. If it bothers you that much, you could take it off and hammer it straight. I personally wouldn’t bother with it unless you notice the vehicle handling different.

I'm not going to bother for the time being. I'll probably stop sending it so hard for a bit and practice some smaller stuff. This was on a pretty hefty jump. Now I just need to decide how to protect my wing mount better.

I was thinking of getting another stock wing mount, tossing the ARRMA rear skid plate, switching to the HR front/rear skid plates, and fitting a bumper to the rear of some sorts. Not sure what options are out there for rear bumpers or things that work. Wonder if anything is drop in/low effort for the rear. Wonder if I should start looking at replacing the chassis braces while I have it apart. Just hard for me to imagine the chassis bending. So much to learn.

Back