How big of a tire size increase is reasonable before needing different towers with longer shocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
For example, I've seen some running the Mojave tires on their Typhons. That's a little over a 1 inch increase in tire od from the stock Katars. Does that create issues with suspension travel not being enough, or not even a big deal?

I run belted Talion tires on my 6s Typhon with Typhon towers/shocks and Mojave arms, never had an issue but it's damn close... the suspension travel runs out exactly at the same point the chassis touches the ground, any bigger of a tire and I'm sure I'd start breaking shocks/arms/towers

Forgot to add that I have 6s Mojave front shocks on the front of my 3s Typhon and Kraton 6s front shocks on the rear of my Typhon, with Associated RC8B3 yellow front and rear springs. Handles great with the 6s shocks, stock 3s Typhon arms and 6 inch tall tires.

FWIW, I started with Mojave tires on my Typhon, and I loved them, but they're not cheap and they wear out awfully fast, otherwise I'd still be using them

FWIW, I started with Mojave tires on my Typhon, and I loved them, but they're not cheap and they wear out awfully fast, otherwise I'd still be using them
I've been running these mojave knockoffs that I got on Amazon. Love em, seem to have really good life for the price & don't balloon terribly on 6s. I've never actually run legit Fortress tires

20220617_184827.jpg

20221024_024503.jpg

Screenshot_20221106-184148_Samsung Internet.jpg

Never weighed one, but the description on Amazon says 2.57lbs for the set of 4
Hmmm, if that's accurate then that's not too bad... a set of Fortress' was just a hair under 2lbs for the set, might have to give those a tryđź‘Ť

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back