Felony How can I make a Felony drive like a Limitless?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Dabbler

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I know this might sound odd, I love the look and characteristics of the Limitless, but got a nice deal on a Felony (hopefully) and the muscle look has seriously grown on me. Got an XMaxx for bashing. More controlled circuits and not really so into drifting for on-road.

Had an XO-1 and kept around 50 to 70mph - looking for similar with the Felony. Is this achievable with just the AVC or should I look at diff oils / changing out the rear diff/tyres - can anybody recommend what weights I'd need? New to the rear diff being different and not sure which way to go with that to get controlled handling.

Used Felony should be here in 2 days - think checking the diffs for damage / oil has to be priority. Cheers for any advice. New to Arrma and new to Felony - Traxxas man for the last 5 years.

Last edited:
Can you clarify what you mean by "drive like a Limitless" or even how you think a Felony drives different than a Limitless?

The Limitless does have a center spool but are you looking for a speed runner or something to bash around in (where most people will throw a center diff in the Limitless for that use case)?

The different diffs result in different tire sizes front and rear but if you wanted to run the same sized tires all around, it's a matter of changing a ring gear and input pinion and easily done.

Can you clarify what you mean by "drive like a Limitless" or even how you think a Felony drives different than a Limitless?

The Limitless does have a center spool but are you looking for a speed runner or something to bash around in (where most people will throw a center diff in the Limitless for that use case)?

The different diffs result in different tire sizes front and rear but if you wanted to run the same sized tires all around, it's a matter of changing a ring gear and input pinion and easily done.
Good question, as I haven't used a Limitless either.
I'm kind of assuming the Limitless drives like an XO-1, more on rails and the Felony drifts on 25% and a turn of the wheel would kick the back end out. I'm aiming for small car park runs and basic circuits but not wanting to lose the back end or drift at most corners.

Last edited:
Good question, as I haven't used a Limitless either.
I'm kind of assuming the Limitless drives like an XO-1, more on rails and the Felony drifts on 25% and a turn of the wheel would kick the back end out. I'm aiming for small car park runs and basic circuits but not wanting to lose the back end or drift at most corners.
Swapping the rear diff gears and buying sticker compound tires may be what you need then. You can get 1/8 grp tires in 7 different compounds. I buy them from hobbyheroes.com mostly. s1 is the softest and s7 are the hardest compound, and they are a little cheaper than hoons which have 3 different compounds.

If you are only looking for 50-70 mph you really shouldn't have to change anything except for the pinion gear.
For handling having the same tires on all 4 corners is best. You will need to swap the front or rear diff assembly so that it is the same front and rear for running equal tires all around.
Check out Jenny's RC https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...ential-front-rear-infraction-felony-ara320659

I really like the GRP XM3 tires right now.

Great advice - thanks all.

Just got a tracking confirmation of delivery on Thurs, I can wait to try it out. Tyres are pretty worn on it from the pics but it comes with a fresh set all round.

Think I'll give it a few runs then get busy on the diff swap out and pick some of the the grp's

I read some older threads of swapping the rear diff out with the centre diff, I'm guessing this didn't work in the long run.

Just got a tracking confirmation of delivery on Thurs, I can wait to try it out. Tyres are pretty worn on it from the pics but it comes with a fresh set all round.

Think I'll give it a few runs then get busy on the diff swap out and pick some of the the grp's

I read some older threads of swapping the rear diff out with the centre diff, I'm guessing this didn't work in the long run.
Center diff uses a different spur gear than the front/rear

Thanks, I'll def be swapping the rear out for the one linked at JennysRC. Cheers.

I keep on saying 50 to 70 mph, but really 50 to 55 max is probably the sweet spot for me and where I'll be running.

Last edited:

I think you meant swapping rear and front diffs with each other to use same tires in rear. Some here will say it's not good to do but I just watched a video of matrixrc doing it and then doing a speed run and it looked great. He also claimed it wasn't his first time doing it and it has worked fine for him.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back