Talion How can I raise the ride height of the Talion/make it Kraton-esque?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeachMeCars

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Talion
Hey all. I'm looking to either raise the ride height of the Talion or make it Kraton-esque. Has anyone done this before?

For the ride height I'm wondering if just changing to bigger wheels would be enough, or if I should also mount the kraton shock towers and shocks.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated!

Have you tried adjusting the preload collars on the shocks? That should give you up to 3/4"of additional height over the stock setting.
If you go larger diameter tires than the Katars you'll max the front shocks out before the chassis hits the ground which you don't want

Have you tried adjusting the preload collars on the shocks? That should give you up to 3/4"of additional height over the stock setting.
If you go larger diameter tires than the Katars you'll max the front shocks out before the chassis hits the ground which you don't want
I have not. Do I screw/unscrew the part in the middle so that it is at the top or bottom?

I definitely don't want to max out the shocks which is why I am asking about kraton shocks and towers. What do you think is the best option?

My plan is to make this thing fly, but I feel the ride height is too low to do it with confidence.

let it ride... They jump perfectly bone stock... All i have had to do is put a front tower on mine and a wing mount brace. The lower towers make them stronger...

let it ride... They jump perfectly bone stock... All i have had to do is put a front tower on mine and a wing mount brace. The lower towers make them stronger...

Guess I'm just cautious because I do most of my jumping at the skate park on cement. Would adjusting the shocks to make the ride height affect anything negatively?

Screw the black collar down to increase preload and ride height

Stock height (note position of collar)

Screw the collar down the body of the shock

Max preload ride height

Understand that raising the ride height also raises the center of gravity and also make the shock shafts more susceptible to bending if they take a big hit

Guess I'm just cautious because I do most of my jumping at the skate park on cement. Would adjusting the shocks to make the ride height affect anything negatively?

oh thats a different story... The talion isnt great for skateparks... you def need to get a set of badlands 3.8 for it... maybe backflips if you are only bashing the park...

Hey all. I'm looking to either raise the ride height of the Talion or make it Kraton-esque. Has anyone done this before?

For the ride height I'm wondering if just changing to bigger wheels would be enough, or if I should also mount the kraton shock towers and shocks.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated!

If you raise the ride height of the Talion and stick something like backflips on it the car will wheelie like crazy (been there, lol).

oh thats a different story... The talion isnt great for skateparks... you def need to get a set of badlands 3.8 for it... maybe backflips if you are only bashing the park...

More suited for the dirt huh?

Sounds like I need a kraton/outcast for a 1/8th skate park. Either that or just stick to my granite.

$hit, the granite is prob the best thing for a park... outcast second, kraton, then talion... But, the talion is still my favorite truck... it launches ramps like a beast...

$hit, the granite is prob the best thing for a park... outcast second, kraton, then talion... But, the talion is still my favorite truck... it launches ramps like a beast...

The granite is definitely the best skatepark car I've used. Just picked up some Badlands, hex adapters, shocks, and oil to try and pimp it out a bit.

The only reason I'm trying to change up my Talion is because I don't really use it much in it's current config because I have the granite. Maybe I need to try hitting the track when it's not raining.

dude, you are in the mecca of dirt jump parks... thats what you do with the talion...

dude, you are in the mecca of dirt jump parks... thats what you do with the talion...

Unfortunately there aren't really any near me that are ideal. There is one local BMX track and it is basically in the woods so height of the jumps quickly becomes an issue.

It is possible I just haven't looked hard enough, but I've asked all the local guys for good spots and no one knew any. What sort of things should I be looking for to find spots? Obviously if I can find dirt spots then the talion is good to go.

Unfortunately there aren't really any near me that are ideal. There is one local BMX track and it is basically in the woods so height of the jumps quickly becomes an issue.

It is possible I just haven't looked hard enough, but I've asked all the local guys for good spots and no one knew any. What sort of things should I be looking for to find spots? Obviously if I can find dirt spots then the talion is good to go.

how far are you from roseville?

lol... i wish... there are a bunch of jump parks there... im in nj

Dang, if I'd have known I would have visited my sister in Sacramento a lot more!

Thank you for all the help. I will likely get some larger tires, adjust the shocks, and call it a day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back