Talion How can I raise the ride height of the Talion/make it Kraton-esque?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But wait - ride height have nothing to do with jumpings and landing.

Think of it - while in the air - the shocks extend to the max, regardless of what is the ride height.

basically... heavier shock oil will help but it is hard to get over 2000 cts which is what the talion has..

But wait - ride height have nothing to do with jumpings and landing.

Think of it - while in the air - the shocks extend to the max, regardless of what is the ride height.

I'm still fairly new to the whole hobby (under two months). I won't pretend like I know everything, but I was under the impression that a higher ride height (to an extent) is better for jumping.

I'm still fairly new to the whole hobby (under two months). I won't pretend like I know everything, but I was under the impression that a higher ride height (to an extent) is better for jumping.

it is but the springs get "springy" when you crank them down... Then the truck jumps funny... i like heavier oil and the spring like 1/2-3/4 tight...

No. it has nothing to do with it.

but. stand-up shocks (the shocks angle) like they are on the Kraton, do help. you can move the rear shocks to the outer position on the shock tower, that way they will be less in an incline.

Regardles, the Talion is a pretty good jumper due to the thick shock oil, to make it perfect just put on a more cushiony tires, like the Kraton tires. Just make sure that the chassis touch the ground before the shocks compleltly compress (which i think should be fine with the Kraton tires)

it is but the springs get "springy" when you crank them down... Then the truck jumps funny... i like heavier oil and the spring like 1/2-3/4 tight...

Ah, that totally makes sense. Got any suggestions for oil? The stock oil is already pretty heavy compared to a lot of other cars. Should I go even heavier?

No. it has nothing to do with it.

but. stand-up shocks (the shocks angle) like they are on the Kraton, do help. you can move the rear shocks to the outer position on the shock tower, that way they will be less in an incline.

Regardles, the Talion is a pretty good jumper due to the thick shock oil, to make it perfect just put on a more cushiony tires, like the Kraton tires. Just make sure that the chassis touch the ground before the shocks compleltly compress (which i think should be fine with the Kraton tires)

Thank you for the info! I'll look into other tires. It seems like it's between the kraton tires, outcast tires, or badlands.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back