Typhon How can i remove a stripped Hex hub screw?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaxnDabs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey what's up guys, I'm replacing my hubs with the rc8t hubs and I'm having trouble removing 1 hex. It appears its stripped and I only need one more to have my Typhon truggified. I tried heating up my hex tool, adding WD-40 and no luck yet. Any tips or what can I do to remove the stripped hex screw?? Thanks in advance!

I use a lighter or a candle and hold the hex above it to heat it up. If the screw is not completely stripped it may come out. After that it gets ugly, drill through the screw until you hit the pin (it’s hardened, and will not drill). Then try holding the hex in a vice and tapping the pin out with a hammer and punch. If those do not work you may need to forcefully break the drive pin to get it off.

an easy out will work but patience is required, also on buggys these little grub screws don't have to be torqued at all, little bit of loctite and run it in to hold the pin and no more. replace it often helps too.

an easy out will work but patience is required, also on buggys these little grub screws don't have to be torqued at all, little bit of loctite and run it in to hold the pin and no more. replace it often helps too.
It got completely stripped. I tried to drill through it and take it out using all sorts of bits and no luck. I ordered some replace screws, AR724505. I also ordered some screw extractors. Meanwhile they arrive I'm going to my local hardware store and look for some there. I really want to try out these new belted trenchers on my truggified typhon. Just need to adapt this last hex and I'm done ?

It got completely stripped. I tried to drill through it and take it out using all sorts of bits and no luck. I ordered some replace screws, AR724505. I also ordered some screw extractors. Meanwhile they arrive I'm going to my local hardware store and look for some there. I really want to try out these new belted trenchers on my truggified typhon. Just need to adapt this last hex and I'm done ?
make sure ANY steel screws you use in a basher are 12.9 steel. also consider MIP tools, screws and tools will last the life of the car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back