How can take off the black anodized paint on my infraction.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psmokDu87

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
I saw a picture of some one doing that stripping the black of the chassis anodized paint what chemicals and how long do I have to soak it for ?

I haven’t tried it but people on forum have used oven cleaner….not sure how long to leave on
Have u tried the search?🤘🏻🤘🏻

I saw a picture of some one doing that stripping the black of the chassis anodized paint what chemicals and how long do I have to soak it for ?
I've never done a chassis, but removed the red from a lot of Arrma stock parts. Drain cleaner granules! Be careful, the $hit is lethal!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-32-oz-Crystal-Heat-Drain-Opener-ZUCRY2/100086662

109772B7-40CB-4844-908F-ED1CBE977640.jpeg

512B5797-9683-4590-8E15-140316EC4021.jpeg

FF57AA34-B245-4573-B1B0-D3FA6F9F5EE4.jpeg

@TpPartsRcXtreme has a great video detailing the process on this. You really don't need to leave the parts in the solution for very long at all. I used caustic soda instead of drain cleaner and it worked well using the description in this video.

Thanks man appreciate it Im doing it to my limitless and infraction
I've never done a chassis, but removed the red from a lot of Arrma stock parts. Drain cleaner granules! Be careful, the $hit is lethal!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-32-oz-Crystal-Heat-Drain-Opener-ZUCRY2/100086662

View attachment 151157

View attachment 151158

View attachment 151159
Nice so not the liquid?

View attachment 151157

View attachment 151158

View attachment 151159
Oh I see the link you just let it sit there for how long ?

Nice so not the liquid?
Just add warm water to the granules. Do it outside and don’t breath in the fumes. (I wear a mask or face covering)

Don’t leave the parts in too long. I had one container for stripping and one of clean water to remove the chemical. I also used super fine steel wool and aluminum polish.

Nice so not the liquid?

Oh I see the link you just let it sit there for how long ?
Doesn’t take long, a minute or so. Depends on the part
The video @RC-Dad posted is the one someone else shared with me. That’s the directions I followed. I’ve tried other methods in the past, but didn’t like the results. That’s the way to go IMO!

Last edited:
Ok cool I’m doing it this weekend I got old spare parts try out with those first thanks for the info I love this place there’s not one question that can’t be answered here!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back