How can you drive an RC like this ??? WTH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
So a while back I let a friend drive one of my Mojaves , he is not an rc guy , so I gave him the basics and let him rip it !!! Upon watching him drive it , I was like WTF are you doing ???? Every time turning he would let the steering wheel / knob " snap " back to the resting position , hence I heard the "clicking " sound of him doing that . Not that I am concerned about the radio breaking , cause it shouldn't , but , I just don't get how you can drive like that . Whatever , I let him drive . How can you be in control driving like that ? I never let go of the wheel on my bashers and certainly not when I race .
Now a couple months later as I like to watch you tube rc vids, I notice I hear it on others as well ?? Do any of you do this ???? Weird .

Yes. This is common. On the track with confined technical driving less so IMHO. I do the same.... Maybe less than 60 degree snaps of the Radio wheel. These don't drive like scale cars.
We all drive differently. Your friend was new to it and he adapted to get the rig steering as best he felt. What matters is how well one can adapt to a radio.
He would probably adjust his driving as he gets more wheel time. ?‍♂️

Interesting, I haven't seen this. I guess under certain circumstances it could be useful, but why not just steer yourself? The thing I think is funny is when people drive RC by chopping the throttle on and off repeatedly. I guess its fun to drive this way in the dirt, but for me I drive RC cars as if I was sitting in the car myself, smooth throttle control is everything. That's one reason why I like speedruns, where a progressive, smooth trigger pull gets you significantly more mph as opposed to just dumping the throttle. Sorry for thread jack, this was about steering not throttle control

Now I feel like I'm going to be self conscious of my steering and throttle control when I bash. I already have horrid depth perception... I could never drive on a track. I have zero awareness of where a vehicle is when it's passing in front of me left and right.

#NOSTEERSHAMING
#NOTHROTTLESHAMING

#LOL

Oh no , I'm making people self conscious ! LOL
Probably because I race , my hand never comes off the radio wheel . Racing on indoor tight courses with traffic really makes you aware of what's around you as far as other rc's with minimal room to spare for passing / avoiding wrecks / etc .
When I'm watching YT vids , I can hear it clear as day when the driver is doing this and I wasn't trying to hear it . No biggy , just wondering how many / if you guys do it .

It's like when you teach someone to drive a real car .. they're so intent on doing the right thing that they do the wrong things. I see it too. I think we all have done it but as we learn how to drive, this fades.

I never let go of the wheel and let it snap back, always smooth on the wheel. Way I learned. I can hear people letting wheel go on YouTube videos and the sound gets kinda aggravating, maked me wonder what they're doing because you can't see.

Have you ever watched someone drift a car? Sometimes letting the wheel go to slip through your hands gives the input and correction quicker than you could physically turn the wheel. I can see where doing the same with an rc remote wheel could be effective. But what you describes sounds more like manual non proportional steering?

I never let go of the wheel and let it snap back, always smooth on the wheel. Way I learned. I can hear people letting wheel go on YouTube videos and the sound gets kinda aggravating, maked me wonder what they're doing because you can't see.
See , so I'm not the only one who hears this !! Thanks arrmadillo !

So there are two nut jobs on the forum! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
2?

x9dUvCu.jpeg

I mean really... a lot of us are grown men spending thousands on toy trucks... lol! This forum is full of crazy!

See , so I'm not the only one who hears this !! Thanks arrmadillo !
I hear it also, its makes me cringe a little when people do it at the end of a speedrun turning the car around to come back.. you can tell when they start to lose sight and run the car off the road

If you have a fast servo - doing that is gonna make the car really unstable after a turn because there wheel doesn’t just snap back to centre - it bounces and creates a really fast left/right ‘twitch’. Put your car on a stand and try it - you’ll see what I mean!
I guess it doesn’t matter for bashing - but racing - this would be a problem!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back