Infraction How come no aftermarket companies have come out with shocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Mojave
  4. Raider
  5. Voltage
The Limitless and Infraction have been out for what, a year? And now the Felony is out. But surprisingly no aftermarket all aluminum shocks have been introduced. I would love to have a set of beefy, all aluminum, even maybe with reservoirs, for my Infraction and Felony.

Come on you shock makers! Get with it! :)

When I was in the hobby back in the '80s, aftermarket shocks were a big deal... Mostly because all but2 or 3 brands had truly crappy shocks stock...

These days, especially in the 1/8 realm, most cars come with pretty decent shocks. The Arrma shocks are not top shelf, but they are really good. If you want better shocks than the stock Arrma red 1/8 shocks, you need to spend $$$ for Tekno, Mugen, Kyosho, Serpent or similar.

If your beef is the plastic cap, Arrma makes / sells those.

I think it is mainly because they are pretty darn good for the application.. as stated above the rest of the parts are obtainable as well to make them top to bottom aluminum...so I would assume the demand isn't that great for them..

it may also be possible to find reservoir style caps that have the same thread pitch that will work..

Could always remove the anodize as well and polish out the parts..?

I don't deny the stock shocks work well. I suppose I just am desiring something with more high tech looks and function to go along with the rest of the high tech cars. These for example, look nice to me. I would like these in a fatter 18mm versus the stock 16mm, and of course the correct lengths. I think this would suit my needs. :)

shocks.jpg

The Limitless and Infraction have been out for what, a year? And now the Felony is out. But surprisingly no aftermarket all aluminum shocks have been introduced. I would love to have a set of beefy, all aluminum, even maybe with reservoirs, for my Infraction and Felony.

Come on you shock makers! Get with it! :)
cause stock shocks are really good and don,t need replacing

I've zero issues with plastic shock caps on a road-going vehicle. You're not hucking it, so you're not gonna pop those caps off. Same for the spring cups. I come from a time where the OEM shocks typically had two metal parts: the shaft and the spring. For me, threaded bodies are a fairly recent innovation-- I've still got some snap-together Tamiya "dampers" around here somewhere. So no complaints about the Infraction/Limitless shocks from me-- they're stout enough, and they certainly do the job. I don't need multiple piston sets or a box full of springs.

Lastly, the reservoirs on <most> of those generic shocks? Cosmetic. Just adds a little weight.

Gents,

So…this might not be the most popular opinion…but I have no self control when it comes to modding r/c:)

One of the best mods I did to my Infraction was install a typhon front shock tower, and Tekno EB48 front shocks at all 4 corners. The Teknos have delrin where it counts, including tapered 4 hole pistons, I retained the Arrma springs, rod end bottoms, and bottom baskets.

They really, REALLY outperform the Aarmas. Aarma shocks have a TON of play in them. A metric fiddlestick-ton of drift killing play, and enough slop to make an on-power high speed corner exit a pipe dream.

The Teknos, and that Typhon front tower, really changed the overall handling of my truck. I can decelerate from an 80mph straight, turn in off power, and exit a sweeper on power, and it freaking HOOKS THE MF UP. Or I can drift it around the same corner and exit straight as an arrow. It’s absolutely unreal how well this thing handles. It has a lot more done to it, sways, endlinks, hubs, Sanwa SSR steering servo, Sanwa M12RS system, ACER ceramics, MAX5, my Xmaxx 1275KV motor, CF skirts, Proper Bittydesign wing mounted to the chassis, Lunsford Punisher turnbuckle kit, and a few other goodies.

Ill post a vid of this freak ASAP…it’s crazy how solid it handles.

GET THE TEKNOS FTW!!! I’ll pay for em if you don’t notice a marked difference.

Wade

Last edited:
Gents,

So…this might not be the most popular opinion…but I have no self control when it comes to modding r/c:)

One of the best mods I did to my Infraction was install a typhon front shock tower, and Tekno EB48 front shocks at all 4 corners. The Teknos have delrin where it counts, including tapered 4 hole pistons, I retained the Arrma springs, rod end bottoms, and bottom baskets.

They really, REALLY outperform the Aarmas. Aarma shocks have a TON of play in them. A metric fiddlestick-ton of drift killing play, enough slop to make an on-power high speed a dream.

The Teknos, and that Typhon front tower, really changed the overall handling of my truck. I can decelerate from an 80mph straight, turn in off power, and exit a sweeper on power, and it freaking HOOKS THE MF UP. Or I can drift it around the same corner and exit straight as an arrow. It’s absolutely unreal how well this thing handles. It has a lot more done to it, sways, endlinks, hubs, Sanwa SSR steering servo, Sanwa M12RS system, ACER ceramics, MAX5, HW 800 KV, CF skirts, Proper Bittydesign wing mounted to the chassis, Lunsford Punisher turnbuckle kit, and a few other goodies.

Wade
I wanna see some pics of this dreamboat you speak of.. 🤙

Gents,

They really, REALLY outperform the Aarmas. Aarma shocks have a TON of play in them. A metric fiddlestick-ton of drift killing play, and enough slop to make an on-power high speed corner exit a pipe dream.

The Teknos, and that Typhon front tower, really changed the overall handling of my truck. I can decelerate from an 80mph straight, turn in off power, and exit a sweeper on power, and it freaking HOOKS THE MF UP. Or I can drift it around the same corner and exit straight as an arrow. It’s absolutely unreal how well this thing handles. It has a lot more done to it, sways, endlinks, hubs, Sanwa SSR steering servo, Sanwa M12RS system, ACER ceramics, MAX5, HW 800 KV, CF skirts, Proper Bittydesign wing mounted to the chassis, Lunsford Punisher turnbuckle kit, and a few other goodies.

Wade
You just know someone is gonna take you up on that offer. Buy the Teknos. Claim no difference or worse performance and get free decent shocks lol

Sweet builds. I've debated using aluminum arms on my HOT Senton 8S EXB. Reason is it's drooped lower than it was meant to be with little shock movement at the rear and less on front. And sometimes I've wondered if flex in the arms work against me. Mind you, it was strictly a road build. But I couldnt tip it if my life depended on it(tried it for 2 weeks)and had zero front lift. How are yours working out for you?

For aggressive road driving and real-deal drifting at high speed, I love the honesty of the aluminum arms, zero flex. Can use bigger aluminum endlinks as well.

Personally, I would not use them on an off road car, you don’t need to be that precise on dirt:)

For aggressive road driving and real-deal drifting at high speed, I love the honesty of the aluminum arms, zero flex. Can use bigger aluminum endlinks as well.

Personally, I would not use them on an off road car, you don’t need to be that precise on dirt:)
Yeah it's why most don't recommend them. But my Senton won't be doing Dukes of Hazzard jumping. Strictly speed runs, drags, and power sliding asphalt lots.

Yeah it's why most don't recommend them. But my Senton won't be doing Dukes of Hazzard jumping. Strictly speed runs, drags, and power sliding asphalt lots.
In that case, hook the aluminum poop up! You’ll really notice the difference from the feedback you’ll feel on your radio.

Anorher +1,000 is the ACER ceramic bearings…

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back