Infraction How come no aftermarket companies have come out with shocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow…a freaking ‘59? That’s the 283 V8? That’s a unicorn find for sure!

Been driving Toyota’s since I was 16:) Pretty much all ive ever owned as my daily’s.

Been racing my CBR600 for the last couple years, love the sport bikes on a track:) The first thing I did with it was take it to a pro suspension guy and had him set it up for my weight, height, and re-valve the forks and shock. The bike was SO much quicker after that. I’ve always been fascinated by how much speed is in the suspension of whatever your driving. The biggest mistake is to put a bunch of $$$ into the engine, and not the chassis. Such an awesome feeling to spend a day on the chassis setup, and then 2 seconds disappear from your lap time:)
I remember my first new Toyota out of college. An 83 red Supra. It was hard to get. Took me over 6 months after I placed my order. There was an embargo on Imports at that time. So in retaliation Most import brands were not allowing them in the country quickly to sit on lots unsold with fat tariffs. The slowboats were parked off shore to avoid tarrifs until a purchase of each one was made, so Toyotas trickled in slowly. I would hammer the Dealer all the time. Walking in to ask whats up. I was driving a hoopty Caddy( hand me down) on its last legs. One day I spoke to the Dealers owner and he offered me a job. I was working there at the time when my Supra came off the truck. I actually put it in inventory among a whole truckload of Toys. At the end of the day, the owner called me into his office and told me to prep a few cars for delivery, and put them up front for delivery near the show room. Then he told me one of the deliveries was mine. Surprised me. Finally got my Red Supra. He was a a real nice guy. Taught me his whole business. Very wealthy family. Penn Toyota of Roslyn, NY. I stayed there for 8 years out of college. Toyota schooled me and all. Been driving Toys since then. But back in the 1980's if you drove a sporty Japanese Import, you were called a rice burner. Once I found my Supra all keyed up. Wrote 'No rice burners" " Go home" and profanity all over every panel. Parked at a mall in the back away from other parked cars. Someone who was against Japanese Imports. "Buy American" cars was big back then. Even my friends laughed at my rice burner. As I was big into my Mopars years past. Now most of my friends drive Toyotas today. I never owned any another brand again. To this day. I have an 2001 Avalon and and 2006 Highlander Limited, the last of the Japanese built Highlanders. Every opton available, got for dealer cost. Brand new, saved $7k off sticker on this one. I will probbably never get a sweet heart deal like this on a Toyota ever again. I only have 72k miles currently on it. I always had a take home work vehicle with agency gas card., so it wasnt used as much the first 4 years.

Sorry to get off topic.

Last edited:
I remember my first new Toyota out of college. An 83 red Supra. It was hard to get. Took me over 6 months after I placed my order. There was an embargo on Imports at that time. So in retaliation Most import brands were not allowing them in the country quickly to sit on lots unsold with fat tariffs. The slowboats were parked off shore to avoid tarrifs until a purchase of each one was made, so Toyotas trickled in slowly. I would hammer the Dealer all the time. Walking in to ask whats up. I was driving a hoopty Caddy( hand me down) on its last legs. One day I spoke to the Dealers owner and he offered me a job. I was working there at the time when my Supra came off the truck. I actually put it in inventory among a whole truckload of Toys. At the end of the day, the owner called me into his office and told me to prep a few cars for delivery, and put them up front for delivery near the show room. Then he told me one of the deliveries was mine. Surprised me. Finally got my Red Supra. He was a a real nice guy. Taught me his whole business. Very wealthy family. Penn Toyota of Roslyn, NY. I stayed there for 8 years out of college. Toyota schooled me and all. Been driving Toys since then. But back in the 1980's if you drove a sporty Japanese Import, you were called a rice burner. Once I found my Supra all keyed up. Wrote 'No rice burners" " Go home" and profanity all over every panel. Parked at a mall in the back away from other parked cars. Someone who was against Japanese Imports. "Buy American" cars was big back then. Even my friends laughed at my rice burner. As I was big into my Mopars years past. Now most of my friends drive Toyotas today. I never owned any another brand again. To this day. I have an 2001 Avalon and and 2006 Highlander Limited, the last of the Japanese built Highlanders. Every opton available, got for dealer cost. Brand new, saved $7k off sticker on this one. I will probbably never get a sweet heart deal like this on a Toyota ever again. I only have 72k miles currently on it. I always had a take home work vehicle with agency gas card., so 555 it wasnt used as much the first 4 years.

Sorry to get off topic.
Lol, no worries man…those Avalons are like driving a sewing machine…and Supras were siiiick. The famous bi-turbos of the last gen were 500hp with just a down pipe and tune. Favorites I’ve owned are Camrys and Tundras. I had an ‘82’Tercel that was one of the most fun cars I’ve had. Unbreakable and like 50mpg…

^^^Had an 88 Corolla bought new, $11k out the door. , std. 5 speed, Bare bones. It had the "delete everything package". :LOL: No radio , no right side mirror , no mats, no wheel covers, was 18 yo by the time i junked it (donated). I only added the A/C pack. (The only Dealer item). It came in a box in the trunk. They weren't shipped from Japan with A/C to save $$$ on weight at the time. I installed it myself. I used to install them when I was a tech at the Toy dealer. I put my own sound system, right side mirror and factory mats. Alarm system immobilizer. This Corolla had so many stolen attemps in its life. Lost count. Numerous ignition key cyl. were broken and rear fly windows smashed. I had to put a pager alarm (Radio Shack old school) to tell me when a break in happened. I had to go out and chase the thieves away numerous times. The car was a plain jane, yet they always wanted to steel it. No matter where I parked it. The radio was alway benzii boxed and removed. The "Club" on the wheel and all.:LOL:
Cheapest car to operate I will ever have owned.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back