Kraton How did I bend BOTH F/R driveshafts?

2Hyper

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Anyone ever bend BOTH front AND rear drive shafts in 1 bash??? How??? Does the body flex that much??? Will aluminum body braces prevent this??? Darn 6s battery is going to cost me some parts! :)

Primarrma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Infraction, Kraton 8S, Kraton 6s, Talion, Typhon 6s
I've bent my rear prop shaft a fair bit at the same time as the front(slightly). It was a very bad landing and I only have plastic braces.

slick2500

If it ain't broke, you're doing it wrong.
Staff member
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast 6s, Senton, Typhon 3s
Anyone ever bend BOTH front AND rear drive shafts in 1 bash??? How??? Does the body flex that much??? Will aluminum body braces prevent this??? Darn 6s battery is going to cost me some parts! :)
I've only bent the fronts on mine.
The body has nothing to do with the axles bending.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
I've only bent the fronts on mine.
The body has nothing to do with the axles bending.
It's the chassis bending, and the body of course, but the chassis and chassis braces it's what's flexing. Alloy braces will help with that.

An old basher buddy of mine had the losi muggy. He turned that thing into a banana after a few big air jumps, so yeah, chassis bend. If neglected enough, they bend far enough and stay bent.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Especially on the longer wheelbase Arrmas - a tower to tower brace is a very good thing to have to limit chassis flex.
(@Thomas P )
I had to do something similar on the old XTM mammoth ST. The long chassis is a lot of real estate to have without a sandwich type structure of some sort. Kind of surprised they don't have some sort of brace stock that goes from the upper side of the bulk to the top of the center diff brace as well as down to the chassis deck.

slick2500

If it ain't broke, you're doing it wrong.
Staff member
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast 6s, Senton, Typhon 3s
I had to do something similar on the old XTM mammoth ST. The long chassis is a lot of real estate to have without a sandwich type structure of some sort. Kind of surprised they don't have some sort of brace stock that goes from the upper side of the bulk to the top of the center diff brace as well as down to the chassis deck.
The Thunder Tiger MT4 G3 had this issue as well. Land wrong or too hard and the chassis would bend. The MT4 guys did basically the same thing we do to our Arrmas.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.