How did you find out about the amazing hobby of RC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^^^ Same about 42 yrs ago Mom went to Radio Shack and I got one "C" battery RC for Xmas....all I got all we could afford.

I enjoyed the hell out of it cleaned it like it was a Benz daily until it just came to an end...

Mom moved out the hood as a teen and began to see kids at the park with the RCs jumping hills at the bike trails we rode in the woods with the old Huffy and Murry heavy ass bikes we had. Those kids had the Mongoose and Diamond Back bikes along with the nice RC cars.

I was hooked then seeing theirs but was not until now later in years and a pandemic I found this hobby again to kill time working from home and now that I have bank...I am pissed that the old school RCs like the 70 Dodge, 69 Camaro, Firebird, etc I cannot get now so my money means nothing if not available... Wish I could go back to 2013-15 to grab a few but the tech and what we have now is super cool...just want more old-school road cars that I saw as a kid and teen for RCs even if their more shelf cars :) ...just memories of Smokey & Bandit, Starsky & Hutch cars and things like that that just stick with a kid...

I had Tyco, Nikko, and Radio Shack RCs as a kid. Bought a Traxxas Stampede 2WD in my late teens, but always wanted an E-Maxx and never bought one. The Arrma Nero platforms came out four years ago, so I bought a Nero Big Rock. Been an Arrma fan ever since.

I also had Tyco and Nikko cars as a kid (late 80's into the 90's)
I got into real cars and dirt bikes for a while. At some point in my early 20's I bought a nitro on-road car (I think it was an HPI). The motor died and didn't feel like messing with the hobby anymore.
About 4 years ago I went to my friends house and he has a VXL Rustler. I was shocked what the electric RC cars were doing now days. I re-started the hobby with a Losi Mini 8ight, then made my way to Traxxas for parts availability. Ultimately disappointed with Traxxas quality I found my way to the Arrma 6s line and never looked back. Recently I have dove head first into custom body making for speed uses and the addiction is real.

Had a 2nd hand tamiya hornet as a kid 20 years ago, thought my son would enjoy it so built him one for xmas few years back, saw it run and the fire was re ignited, built a monster bug slash (sold) and after goin in deep with a nitro hyper 7, couple of 8t's, absima tr8ev2, xtm, I found arrma and the obsession is well underway ?

In the 5th grade my buddy's brother and his friend has just gotten a Tamiya Hornet and Tamiya Grasshopper. When I saw them run the first time it the coolest 6-8 minutes of my life. Saved money for almost a year and got a Marui Big Bear RC truck and a Futaba 2 channel stick radio. Parents got me a battery and a trickle charger. Once I got serious into BMX bikes RC hobby died for 25 years until I got back into with a couple of Nitro street cars. The post run maintenance got to be a chore and tuning was a big pain so I ended up selling everything. Got back in when I saw a cheap used Arrma granite 3s on craigslist. Was amazed off the power and speed electric has advanced and the run time was incredible. Once I got a Kraton 6s it blew my mind and I was hooked again along with my son. Nothing better than plug and play instant RC fun. Also have a couple of DJI drones too for some easy stress free flying and photography.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back