Outcast How do I figure out which version Outcast I have?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the inside. Only the outside.
IMG_7156.JPG

I can tell you it doesn't have the center brace rod like my 10th Anniversary does. Maybe that helps?

Ok, so it's not the v3 with the ttt brace.
Differences between the v1 and 2 are shocks, bulkheads and radiobox. So a look inside will give the answer.
Agree...unless they took the TTT brace off due to its inherent issues. A peek inside will reveal the answers we have questions to.

Agree...unless they took the TTT brace off due to its inherent issues. A peek inside will reveal the answers we have questions to.

I will get some pics this afternoon. I've seen V3 and V4 mentioned. Is there only two versions?

That being said... How/what do I upgrade to bring it to the V4 level?
In my opinion they are relatively the same truck. Id opt to upgrade to a sliding motor mount and the 4mm shocks. This is strictly based on things I read on here.

Fear not though...someone will chime in that is more familiar with the v1 than I am.

Bash on!

In my opinion they are relatively the same truck. Id opt to upgrade to a sliding motor mount and the 4mm shocks. This is strictly based on things I read on here.

Fear not though...someone will chime in that is more familiar with the v1 than I am.

Bash on!

I'm on the right track it sounds like. I did the sliding motor mount last week and it looks like the previous owner did the 4mm shocks for me.

I'm on the right track it sounds like. I did the sliding motor mount last week and it looks like the previous owner did the 4mm shocks for me.
Great! Everything else that should be upgraded can be upgraded as they break. Some examples are shock towers, chassis braces, and steering components. The stock stuff is fairly robust for mild bashing but if you are looking to really send it, you'll eventually start breaking things.

If you land on the wheels more often than not, you'll be in good shape for a while!

Great! Everything else that should be upgraded can be upgraded as they break. Some examples are shock towers, chassis braces, and steering components. The stock stuff is fairly robust for mild bashing but if you are looking to really send it, you'll eventually start breaking things.

If you land on the wheels more often than not, you'll be in good shape for a while!

Awesome. Thank you for the guidance!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back