Kraton How do I fix this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ts2340

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I’m a total newb so forgive me.. just did my first bash session. Took the wheels off to clean and saw this.

all the other red pieces are flush.. how do I go about fixing this?

thanks

Attachments

• C399B937-3092-48F2-BBF4-78FC814B82AF.jpeg
    C399B937-3092-48F2-BBF4-78FC814B82AF.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 110
Remove the red pillar ball retainer and put the oring back on it. When you go to screw it back in, to ensure you don’t cross thread it, turn it backwards until you feel the threads click. Do this slowly to ensure they mate properly. Don’t use a lot of force until you’re sure it’s not crossed.

What these guys said plus I will add to it. I’d use some green slime or grease if you have it. Lube up the o-ring before threading it in. Also, if the o-ring starts to “smoosh” out of the top then you have over tightened. Loosen until it just pops back in and then another 1/16 to 1/8 of a turn and that should be good. At least this is what I have noticed on mine.

Use a small amount of thread tape or plumbers tape on threads works well too, to stop it from loosening and is a lot cheaper than buying upgraded parts.

I did this and haven't had an issue since.

Use a small amount of thread tape or plumbers tape on threads works well too, to stop it from loosening and is a lot cheaper than buying upgraded parts.

That plumber's teflon tape is a very good trick to keep on hand for sure. Its bailed me out many times. $1 roll will last forever it seems just using it for screws and tightening slop. Easy, no mess and cheap. I love it.

Back it out. Spit on it. And crank her back in. Wait....am I in the right forum??

That teflon tape is an awesome idea, never thought of that. Gonna have to use that one. Thanks fellas!!

Also don't over-tighten or you'll get binding. They need to be just tight enough to allow movement without constriction. There's a couple upgrades if you happen to cross thread the pillar ball nuts ...which can often happen.

least expensive using stock blocks:
https://m2cracing.net/arrma/386-m2c-3055-arrma-pillar-ball-retainer-nut-kit.html

More expensive upgrading blocks too:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing...557921&hash=item3d30e9ec34:g:t28AAOSwDftbk~9b
So if I’ve already cross threaded my stock blocks they are still usable? With stock nuts or do I have to switch to M2C?

Back it out. Spit on it. And crank her back in. Wait....am I in the right forum??

That teflon tape is an awesome idea, never thought of that. Gonna have to use that one. Thanks fellas!!
That's the forum we don't talk about. :)

Remove the red pillar ball retainer and put the oring back on it. When you go to screw it back in, to ensure you don’t cross thread it, turn it backwards until you feel the threads click. Do this slowly to ensure they mate properly. Don’t use a lot of force until you’re sure it’s not crossed.
I know this post is old, but the thread was bumped to the top. Do you do this with all threads going into plastic, or just the big ones? I just realized I might be cross threading screws going into plastic.

I know this post is old, but the thread was bumped to the top. Do you do this with all threads going into plastic, or just the big ones? I just realized I might be cross threading screws going into plastic.
Usually just large ones.

So if I’ve already cross threaded my stock blocks they are still usable? With stock nuts or do I have to switch to M2C?
You are cross threading into plastic which is not a major issue, just be careful going forward. Stock nuts are fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back