How do I get this octagon thing out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Outcast 6s
I stripped my spur gear on my BRCC and I just ordered a new one but I can’t get this little octagon out... I tried using a small flat screwdriver and doing that but it started to cause damage to the octagon thing. Plz help
6D30F034-77DE-46DF-8454-ED0E13D2EE1E.jpeg
B4D5D222-CA46-496B-87A7-FFC6C0EDFB6F.jpeg

That’s a slipper pad. Pry it out with a small flat screwdriver.

you likely melted it, may not come out. Did you order the 4s one as a drop in heavy duty replacement?

you likely melted it, may not come out. Did you order the 4s one as a drop in heavy duty replacement?
The 4s spur? No I just bought a steel one for the 3s
That’s a slipper pad. Pry it out with a small flat screwdriver.
That got the side with 2 of them out but the other 1 is still stuck in there. Should I just buy a new one? Or is there another way?

Is that still a metal/upgraded spur gear... I’ve stripped a few of these plastic ones and I want to upgrade it
That’s the steel version. The 4S has 4 pads too.

Will this bolt onto a Granite BLX 3s too? I’m new to the granite....
Yes the 4S slipper is a drop in replacement for the 3S line too. The Mega series can use it too, but the Mega will also need a Mod 0.8 pinion to match the spur.

Ok so the 4s slipper came in and I recommend it to anyone who is having problems with the 3s ones. It’s a direct fit into the 3s lines, makes the truck sound a lot beefier (at least on mine) and it’s completely metal so I shouldn’t have to mess with it for a while. They are expensive ($70ish) on eBay and hobby shops (that I looked at) but they are only around 30 on Jenny’s when she has them in stock.

Seeing as JENRC was all out of the Outcast 4s setup, I bought the Kraton 4s assembly which the exact same thing (as per Arrma exploded views).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back