Senton How do I improve Senton handling?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTGreen

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Newbie to the RC world and Forums for that matter but I recently got an Arrma Senton BLX 6s truck and love it but do have some questions. My son-in-law and friends have a track setup and while my truck is faster it does not handle as well as there Traxxas slash's . I'm looking for info on a sway bar kit front and rear and perhaps lowering it some to improve handling without loosing suspension capabilities. Any and all suggestions would be awesome, Thanks

All of the 6s BLX cars come with swaybars included, so if you truck does not have them, that is an issue. If you need to buy them, look up *jrc* on ebay - they are kit-breakers / chopshop, and you can get the complete swaybar kit for pretty cheap.

For track running, first thing I would look at is new tires. The kit tires have a reputation for being hard and not having much traction on most any surface.

Next look at the shocks - if you are on a bumpy outdoors off road track, lighter oil may be needed. But for big jumps, heavier oil, so you just got to play with it. Use the screw collars on the shocks to adjust ride height.

Diff oil is adjustable, and can effect how the car turns off and on power.
snap0120.jpg

If this is a "real" track, go talk to other drivers. See if you can find some Mugen 1/8 buggy drivers and pick their brain for setup.

See also -
https://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/showfile.php?file_id=4461

Good luck and have fun!

i did find a set that includes the links and pins for under $30.00 on ebay from one of those so called "chop shops"

The Senton BLX is basically a heavy 1/8 platform with a 1/10 SC body, the fact that there are no sway bars included is absurd. There is no reason to be bested by a Slash, the Senton is based on the Team Durango DESC10 which has won multiple championships in Europe. Get some sway bars and ABSOLUTELY get some tires just for that track, stock tires are throw-away at best.

I added sway bars to my v3 build as well. I am pretty sure all the 6s model line use the same stiffness sway bars.

Also installed diff oil 100/500/100k front/center/rear.

Last edited:
Ok… Pretty clean truck Joostin, by the way…
I don't know for sway bar stiffness. But one thing sure, the combo sway bar/buggy track tires where pretty more efficient for cornering last w.-e. at local track;

PL

can someone tell me which part numbers i need for the whole front and rear sway bar assembly? i found a few on ebay but they all vary slightly. there are so many tiny little parts..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back