How do I properly vent 6s tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi everyone I just got some copperhead 2 tires and I'm going to vent them. Previously I had drilled holes in the tires but I'm wondering if that would damage the foams? Or methods of removing sand from the tires they are out of balance. Thanks!

Hi everyone I just got some copperhead 2 tires and I'm going to vent them. Previously I had drilled holes in the tires but I'm wondering if that would damage the foams? Or methods of removing sand from the tires they are out of balance. Thanks!
If running in sand or water cover the inside hole of the tires with Duct tape or Gorilla tape. No need to balance tires on bashers. Honestly, I would leave the tires unvented. If you have serious ballooning issues then venting MAY help. Here is a video on how to do it! There are many different ways. Soldering iron, Drill, steel rod on a drill, leather punch. Possibilities are endless. Hopefully, this helps you out.

-Exc3l

Alright thanks! I realize that they don't have to be balanced but they were shaking a lot under 4s power so I'm a little concerned. I Know that to cover the vent holes when in sand or water but the previous owner of the tires obviously didn't do that. Really just trying to remove the sand and then seal the inside vent holes. Not venting the tire would probably be ideal.

Alright thanks! I realize that they don't have to be balanced but they were shaking a lot under 4s power so I'm a little concerned. I Know that to cover the vent holes when in sand or water but the previous owner of the tires obviously didn't do that. Really just trying to remove the sand and then seal the inside vent holes. Not venting the tire would probably be ideal.
If they are wobbling there is a possibility that they are filled with dirt.

Ohh. I thought you got brand new tires. Now if they are wobbling crazily then there is probably dirt and stuff in there. Watch the video I linked above and get something like that rod that he uses. That will give ya a nice hole or just use something hot and round (soldering Iron etc.)

I just checked them to see how out of balance they are and they seem to be fine. I think they just took a little to evenly distribute the little bit of sand that may have been inside. I don't think that there was that much. I'm pretty sure they haven't been run in water so would it be ok if I just cover the inside vent holes?

I just checked them to see how out of balance they are and they seem to be fine. I think they just took a little to evenly distribute the little bit of sand that may have been inside. I don't think that there was that much. I'm pretty sure they haven't been run in water so would it be ok if I just cover the inside vent holes?
Yes, cover them up if you plan on going in sand or water

Back