Kraton How do I remove a stuck motor bearing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashTillBroken

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Coming around to lap you AGAIN….. (Oregon)
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Senton 3s
My Kratons motor bearing exploded and now is stuck and I tried the bread trick and it literary bent the cap where the bread was so I Viced it back into shape any ideas on how to get it unstuck or I’m stuck with buying myself a motor for my own birthday
image.jpg

image.jpg

Try some WD-40 and a pair of pliers. I did that do removed a exploded shell of a bearings in the front diff housing. Where the input gear goes.
Tried that even soaked it for a day
But that’s a great idea 😃

heat the aluminum away from the steal ring with a torch and get the aluminum hot and the ring should come out. Aluminum expands more than steel.
Wouldn’t that just tighten the bearing in place because it would expand in all directions

Wouldn’t that just tighten the bearing in place because it would expand in all directions
Aluminum will expand quicker than steel releasing the bearing. Trust me Mark rober knows his stuff lol. just don't heat the piss out of it. A nail head or hook shaped pry tool helps with the really stubborn ones. Make sure you are heating the outer edge of the aluminum not by the bearing.

Heat should work just fine as @FatCatRC mentioned..

If all else fails take a Dremel and cut the race.. once you slice it, it will relieve itself of the bore... But again, the heat method is the one to use.. heat it fast and get after it fast and it should come right out..👍

Take a block of wood and cut a hole a bit larger than the bearing so you can take some good hits at it without the end plate moving. Use a socket that fits the bearing race size.
You could do this in a vice also to get the socket to push evenly on the bearing race.

Other option would be to go to an auto shop and have them use their hydraulic press.

Take a block of wood and cut a hole a bit larger than the bearing so you can take some good hits at it without the end plate moving. Use a socket that fits the bearing race size.
You could do this in a vice also to get the socket to push evenly on the bearing race.

Other option would be to go to an auto shop and have them use their hydraulic press.
I’ll try hydraulic press i allready tried the wood trick any have a broken Kraton 6s v5 motor there willing to sell for parts 😂

The problem Is the hole I a smaller on the other side

The problem Is the hole I a smaller on the other side

In that case I see this going 2 ways.

1. Rent/buy an internal bearing puller tool.
2. cut the race with a cut off wheel (wouldn't have to fully cut it, just enough to get things moving.)

In that case I see this going 2 ways.

1. Rent/buy an internal bearing puller tool.
2. cut the race with a cut off wheel (wouldn't have to fully cut it, just enough to get things moving.)
Do they make dremals that small?

Back