Kraton How do I remove the center driveshaft from the diff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akandesh

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Trying to repair the diffhousing and have to remove it but it won't budge. Already removed the little screw in it. Help!

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

Place the housing on a table with the drive cup facing up.. insert a punch or screwdriver into the cup and drive the gear out with a hammer..👍

As stated above.. heat helps tremendously..

That input gear looks to be chewed up a bit, so now would be the ideal time to get a new input gear assembly and bearings.
I was going to same the same thing, might as well just toss the entire thing out and not worry about getting that off of there as it isn't any good anyway.

I was going to same the same thing, might as well just toss the entire thing out and not worry about getting that off of there as it isn't any good anyway.

Still needs the cup..😉

Still needs the cup..😉
He probably needs a new diff crown gear too, I would consider it a complete loss Jenny's sells the entire gearbox with the diff and the cup.

He probably needs a new diff crown gear too, I would consider it a complete loss Jenny's sells the entire gearbox with the diff and the cup.

Wouldn't doubt it, but sounds like he already has a diff housing..

When tread lock is used anywhere heat is your friend, before I insert the tool I use a tooth brush or metal brush to clean the fastener then use heat. I have a co worker at the auto repair shop I work at that is always struggling with rusted/frozen/tread locked nut and bolts, I always find myself reminding him that “heat is your friend” I guess he either forgets every time or he doesn’t want to be friends with heat. On my grubs and shafts I put thread lock on just in cast it slips. But these D shape shafts in and on the pinions and motor shafts was a good addition IMO.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back