Outcast How do I shim the diffs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone shim there diffs and how?
Clint search up Tp-PartsRC-Xtreme, go to how to videos. Thomas P a member of this forum was gracious enough to put several great vids together. The Team Durango shims he mentions are currently on backorder. Can use Mugen as well. Think he'd posted at least 2 vids on shimming diffs. Here's some helpful part numbers.
IMG_20170112_184706253.jpg
IMG_20170112_184818433.jpg
IMG_20161116_115141133.jpg

anyone shim there diffs and how?
PS, I did a rambling video on the subject on my YouTube channel that may be helpful to you discussing diff gear failures.

So I need anyone of these packs, or All of them to shim my Outcast? Sorry I'm new to the hobby & ttrying to learn.

All of them
OK thanks! One other thing,I wanna bulletproof my diffs like in the video but am a bit confused on the drilling /Dremmelling
part,what & where do I do this? I just don't wanna mess it up!

Last edited:
I can do a quick video tonight for ya of the internal shimming and external shimming . I'm doing all of mine tonight anyways
That would be great, im just confused on the drilling part of it ( the optional cross pin) as to where exactly to drill or dremmel.

Last edited:
That would be great, im just confused on the drilling part of it ( the optional cross pin) as to where exactly to drill or dremmel.
I wouldn't worry about making your own cross pins for the sun gears...until one breaks.

I wouldn't worry about making your own cross pins for the sun gears...until one breaks.
What people mean are they are finding a drill bit that is 2.5mm and then cutting the smooth part of the bit and using that for a cross pin..I won't be doing that since I will only be runniingberg 4s I think stock cross pins will work fine. But if not then I will make new pins later on

What people mean are they are finding a drill bit that is 2.5mm and then cutting the smooth part of the bit and using that for a cross pin..I won't be doing that since I will only be runniingberg 4s I think stock cross pins will work fine. But if not then I will make new pins later on
OK, lol I was waaay off on that one:) glad I asked. Thanks. The rest is pretty straight forward, I kinda feel foolish now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back