How do I troubleshoot a ECU?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fazoner

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
The motor of my Fazon "burnt up" and I'm not sure exactly why this happened.
I'm thinking of buying a new motor but how do I make sure that the ECU didn't ruined the old motor, how do I do this?

BR
Faz

Brushed motors don't last long. That's why it happened. Do you clean your motor? Do you lube it with oil? If you don't do this as a rule, this answers your question.
They are cheap enough to replace compared to brushless. Generally speaking, a brushed ESC doesn't burn up a brushed motor. Over gearing can heat up a motor. Also, as the brushes get worn down, they will fail at some point. Because the armature's commutator gets destroyed. Failing to clean and lube the motor regularly will make it short lived. Running in wet conditions doesn't help matters.
Buy another motor and see how it responds to the ESC. Just wire up the ESC to the new motor without installing and you can judge if the ESC is fine. It probably is. Your motor just wore out . Normal.
Regular maintenance of the motor will make it last much longer and run stronger and cooler. The ESC may even run a bit cooler.:cool:

Alright might give it a shoot buying a new motor then, thank you for the reply!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back