Notorious How do these trucks perform with low profile 3.8 tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjoeymunoz619

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Seem a bit small I haven’t ran them yet wondering if it’s going to Wind out quickly the difference is a 1” in height, thoughts and input would be appreciated 🤙🏻

CC4E211B-B145-44C2-B670-81AB7608AC79.jpeg

I’m running the lp 3.8 badlands and they work awesome. Zero need to change gearing in my opinion. If anything just go up 1 tooth on your pinion gear.

EE9A8B79-5B08-46FC-8A93-3BB5FCDCE394.jpeg

AF76BB1A-78AC-425A-BC03-B71DFBC7B389.jpeg

30D29476-3412-485A-8904-E44F4D8F70E9.jpeg

Last edited:
I prefer LP tyres on my Noto! The stock tyres are amazing for stunts, but their weight can cause them to come unglued if they diff out, and are harder on the diffs themselves. I use Backflip LPs for normal running. They have lower CG for more stability, have the same high traction as the regular Backflips and less chance of ungluing. They're the perfect truck tyre IMO.

Will likely handle better, but land harder, especially on hard surfaces. I like the taller sidewall to add a bit of cushion considering how low my outcast and ERBEv2 sit to the ground. They land so hard!

Will likely handle better, but land harder, especially on hard surfaces. I like the taller sidewall to add a bit of cushion considering how low my outcast and ERBEv2 sit to the ground. They land so hard!
I agree. The chassis slaps are pretty hard with stock suspension and LP tyres. I now use thicker shock oil and have lowered the spring collars. I change tyres depending on where I run the car:
  • Backflips for skateparks and gravel pits,
  • Backflip LPs for grass and dirt,
  • Pro-Line Road Rages for on road,
  • Pro-Line Shockwaves for anything and everything

I agree. The chassis slaps are pretty hard with stock suspension and LP tyres. I now use thicker shock oil and have lowered the spring collars. I change tyres depending on where I run the car:
  • Backflips for skateparks and gravel pits,
  • Backflip LPs for grass and dirt,
  • Pro-Line Road Rages for on road,
  • Pro-Line Shockwaves for anything and everything
With all these changes do you need to run any type of adapters or are all these hot swappable?

With all these changes do you need to run any type of adapters or are all these hot swappable?
No adapters needed for any of these wheels & tyres. They're all 17mm hex. The pre-mounted Pro-Line tyres I mentioned both have wheels with a 1/2" offset though, so the car sits a little wider

For the regular Backflips, I sometimes drop the pinion size by a tooth or two in hot weather but that's it 👍

No adapters needed for any of these wheels & tyres. They're all 17mm hex. The pre-mounted Pro-Line tyres I mentioned both have wheels with a 1/2" offset though, so the car sits a little wider

For the regular Backflips, I sometimes drop the pinion size by a tooth or two in hot weather but that's it 👍
Awesome thank for the info!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back