How do you afford your Armma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do everything myself. Haven’t taken a car to a mechanic in over 15 years, I can plumb, light electrical, frame, landscape, chop wood, and manage a team of financial analysts for the day job. My wife and I have unintentionally flipped 3 homes we’ve lived in, completely gutting two of them and reinvesting the sweat equity, all ourselves…. Add flooring and drywall to that list by the way.

On the one hand, I have a $50
Grand kitchen for about $15k. On the other hand, well, on the other hand i have WAY to many tools and things I want to do with them. But I have had a couple fun cars and get no grief from the wife for the crazy RC habit I picked up during Covid…

I have been into this hobby for 35+ years, even before I met my better 10%. She even wanted one for herself when I dated her. Showed an interest. I thought that was refreshing. After 28 years of marriage she poo poo's it. I Filed for an amicable divorce 3+ years ago, and remain in the home all together still with my son till it is over. I am now retired and don't play golf, so I purchased more RC's in past recent years to build and run with my 12 yo son. She told her attorney that she estimates my RC's cost $40K.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: And wants half that value in the divorce settlement. I have a winner here.;)
These are not worth that kind of money at all. If I spent $10k in the past 20 years it's a lot. RC's are not investments. It's just a hobby that keeps me sane and occupied. Off the street and out of trouble. And my son loves bashing with me. Many of these are my sons anyway, and all will be his RC's one day. He will remember our good times.
How I look at it.:cool:

Last edited:
I'm a Chunk 'n' Dale Stripper
home video truffle shuffle GIF

howd you get my home movies!!!???😜😜
I have been into this hobby for 35+ years, even before I met my better 10%. She even wanted one for herself when I dated her. Showed an interest. I thought that was refreshing. After 28 years of marriage she poo poo's it. I Filed for an amicable divorce 3+ years ago, and remain in the home all together still with my son till it is over. I am now retired and don't play golf, so I purchased more RC's in past recent years to build and run with my 12 yo son. She told her attorney that she estimates my RC's cost $40K.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: And wants half that value in the divorce settlement. I have a winner here.;)
These are not worth that kind of money at all. If I spent $10k in the past 20 years it's a lot. RC's are not investments. It's just a hobby that keeps me sane and occupied. Off the street and out of trouble. And my son loves bashing with me. Many of these are my sons anyway, and all will be his RC's one day. He will remember our good times.
How I look at it.:cool:
Funny how the interest in "boys toys" changes over an extended period of time...esp when that time is ending and they wanna hurt us. 🙄 I guess she did listen some....they knows whats important to us 😆.

I'm a Chunk 'n' Dale Stripper
:ROFLMAO: I danced in Ft Lauderdale back in the 80's. Ladies night at the Candy Store club during Spring break. College years. I ended up staying there for a few months. My girlfriend wanted me to do it. Dared me. True story.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Water/sewer operator for a town with 400-600hrs of overtime with 2 side operating jobs. I have many hobbies, 3 kids, 1 ex wife and I’m still broke haha. I try to be frugal so I can support my wife and kids and pay my child support to my ex. What money I have left I save and put towards my 37 hobbies haha

I rob banks and old ladies 😆

I do shift work away from my family for 2 week stints, in poop conditions, on filthy equipment, get treated like a prisoner or livestock and get paid for it. But I've done it for 10 years now so 🤷‍♂️.

I have 4 boys and now no longer need my testicles so I sold them to a rich couple that needed them

Just playing I sold my truck for a minivan and now drive my wife’s hand me down suv no

No car payment for 4 years = a healthy r/c habit

Work on Classic and Exotic cars.. Along with all the overtime on weekends that I could ever want. Including working late through the week as well. I'm the only person who works overtime 😅
ever had one of these?

Opel-GT.jpg

I rob banks and old ladies 😆

I do shift work away from my family for 2 week stints, in poop conditions, on filthy equipment, get treated like a prisoner or livestock and get paid for it. But I've done it for 10 years now so 🤷‍♂️.
I gotta ask, whats the job

HV Sparky on one of the largest Copper and Zinc Mines in the world.
4 on 4 off roster, all day shifts, sleep at home every night as the mines only 10mins away.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back