How do you afford your Armma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True
To me having kids is bassicly cutting your life in half you are almost never free stuck with work and money to bring back home for your familly im not ssying its a bad thing but for i don't think im going to be able to have childreens i cant

For me never own a 1/5 scale? or im going to go poor im going to stay on the 4-6s line i value my money if something doesn't break much out of the box or can be upgraded for cheap i will do it. Fast durable able to do stuns is for me not too much stuns makes the rc not fun to drive? bought 2 more rcs not enjoing them much cant make them do what i want them to do while my kraton does everything at once here i go lossing money but i sold 300$ on stuff i never used so ?

i afford rcs because im not spending much money on stuff ilive with my parents still so im saving on paying a house and all that stuff but will need to move once i get you know who but i think it might never happen and im going to be lonely for the rest of my life?
Totally get saving money .. but in the bigger picture of things, a 6S Infraction costs $599. The Xmaxx 8S is $899. Kraton 8S is $899. The Losi DBXL (gas) is $899. HPI Baja 5B (gas) is $949. Redcat has some 1/5 that are under $700.

Add in any parts and upgrades that you've done and you're most likely past what it costs for a 1/5.

Totally get saving money .. but in the bigger picture of things, a 6S Infraction costs $599. The Xmaxx 8S is $899. Kraton 8S is $899. The Losi DBXL (gas) is $899. HPI Baja 5B (gas) is $949. Redcat has some 1/5 that are under $700.

Add in any parts and upgrades that you've done and you're most likely past what it costs for a 1/5.
Rverything cost 25% more here in canada or more

Thank you!! You guys kept the world moving when it came to a screeching hault. What you guys go through is disgusting people make me sick. Thank you again!!

If I fits I sits lol

6'4" in a Fiat 500 sport....it's hilarious to see me climb out of it lmao

Love that!! held up by bent hinge pins!! lmfao Simple green for shampoo that's priceless
My favorite cars have been the original VW Beetle, the modern Fiat 500 and the modern Gen1 Mini Cooper - I've driven and had at least one of each. The modern Fiat 500 is very much like a modernized version of a VW Beetle. I'm also a fan of the original Fiat 500 and Mini Cooper - but the VW is #1.
Rverything cost 25% more here in canada or more
As time goes on, you'll get there. You got lotsa time ahead of you. :)

Last edited:
I’ve been gainfully employed in the aviation biz for 25 years or so. No kids at home, wife with a great librarian job at a college. I’m super new to the hobby,....... this stuff gets pricey.,,,,the ancillary costs are pretty big. I’m happy I can afford to throw a bit of cash into it.

farm invest and save as much as I can.
Would not have called you being a farmer. Thats mint. I have helped on a farm a few times it was fun especially riding a cow( not bull but cow) the milking machines are crazy now, fully automated it's cool to see.
My favorite cars have been the original VW Beetle, the modern Fiat 500 and the modern Gen1 Mini Cooper - I've driven and had at least one of each. The modern Fiat 500 is very much like a modernized version of a VW Beetle. I'm also a fan of the original Fiat 500 and Mini Cooper - but the VW is #1.

As time goes on, you'll get there. You got lotsa time ahead of you. :)
I really wanted the new Cooper but I couldn't afford it over the Fiat.

Two daughters are now in their '20s and away from home and out of college. I found a new stream of income although they still come back now & then with their hands out :)

I'm a Technology Engineer at my company for 20+ years and with the stay at home found a new hobby to stay busy. It has been expensive...Since March I have bought the Infraction, Granite BLX, 3x Kyosho mini-z, Vaterra '69 & '72 Camaro, Kyosho Fazer 2015 Dodge, and a HPI Sprint 2 Ford '69. You know being new I needed tools, batteries, and all the maintenance we do to all those. Yeah, I've gone mad...

As a teen in the 80's I admired these but parents were broke... so all I could do was watch others...always loved the RCs really being a big kid now. I like them all especially the vintage RCs I remember from 70/80's muscle cars.

What do you guys/gals/whatevers do to make the mulah for your obsession? I am a contractor with my brother we buy old crap houses and flip them into rentals. It's an intresting gig, The house I'm doing now was gutted by a fire and water damaged by being left to rot in the elements. I completely rebuilt the structure and I'm now onto the wiring and plumbing stage, lucky where I live I can do all my own work and just have to get it inspected to pass. No tickets needed as long as it's work done on our own properties. I have made mistakes and learned quite a bit from inspectors but we got all the rules down now. So tell me how do you afford your Armma?
Oilfield... Med aide/cna / part time... Full time Patterson uti Driller for 9 years ⚒ ?‍♂️ ?

I currently work in a themepark when I'm not school, doesn't pay the greatest but I have fun doing so and it leaves enough money to be able to afford this hobby (if the cars don't break every single run that is, which they usually don't thank go)

I support my family and hobby’s by working myself into the ground! I’ve got a nice cushy state job for the bennys and own a hvac co up here in NY.
side work is what helps fund my rc addiction lol.
I also buy and flip poop on the side. All legit nothing illegal ;-).
Everything is much much more expensive in my part of the country but everything is relative to the cost of living and income.
love the side work cuz I can charge whatever I want. I cherry pick the jobs I want to get involved in and pass along the poop I don’t want to do or can’t.
Back in December we lost our home and everything in it (including all my RC’s) to a house fire in the middle of the night. Luckily I was able to rescue us and get out before it consumed everything. Still trying to get back to some kind of normal.... use the rc as an escape from the daily craziness of trying to survive. Got two special needs kids so that also makes everything a lot harder and more expensive. Stay at home wife takes care of the kids and house while im out 60-80 hrs a week grinding....

I support my family and hobby’s by working myself into the ground! I’ve got a nice cushy state job for the bennys and own a hvac co up here in NY.
Everything is much much more expensive in my part of the country but everything is relative to the cost of living and income.
love the side work cuz I can charge whatever I want. I cherry pick the jobs I want to get involved in and pass along the poop I don’t want to do or can’t.
Back in December we lost our home and everything in it (including all my RC’s) to a house fire in the middle of the night. Luckily I was able to rescue us and get out before it consumed everything. Still trying to get back to some kind of normal.... use the rc as an escape from the daily craziness of trying to survive. Got two special needs kids so that also makes everything a lot harder and more expensive. Stay at home wife takes care of the kids and house while im out 60-80 hrs a week grinding....
Sorry about your loss, you're a good man. Keep it up!

Sorry for your loss and happy to hear everyone got out ok, respect for taking it in stride and not giving up. Keep workin hard and you’ll be back to where you were in no time. Good luck

Really sorry to hear about your house man, that's the one thing that stress's me the most, I live in a 4 unit building with questionable neighbours. I'm constantly worried of them falling asleep while smoking or leaving stove on etc. I can't imagine going through that. Cheers to you for keeping your chin up and not letting it get you down.

I work in advertising and buy billboards and other outdoor advertising formats all over the country for a large fast food chain.

Hello guys I usual wait till my Christmas my wife mrs clause I wake up with one under the tree. But my day job jack of all trades master of none. Which is at a machine shop that deals with natural gas compression and power gen components. Then spring and summer on weekends off mow lawns 6 or 7.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back