How do you all get rid of bad lipo's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By all means the response above was to a 2016 post, might be a little behind the times.

Wow, that is some bad advice. Lipos will literally explode beyond 4.4V (thereabouts). Yes, it is a sure fire way to get them to 0V but you better prepare for fireworks.
When I read that, said to myself, no way would I do that!! 🤷‍♂️

You can bring them to a HomeDepot and put them in the battery recycle bin.
^^^^+1
So very simple.(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) BestBuy, The Home Depot,etc. And be done with it.
Why does everyone have this weird science way of disposing an RC lipo????????? Like some cult ritual or something. Other wise be dammed for explosions or not being Eco concious etc.
No rocket science involved or needed.:LOL::LOL:

Be more concerned with the care and feeding of lipos that you do use and keep in your home. Most important!!

Sounds like old Lipo advice from when Lipos first came to RC . When they didn't even come with balance leads.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Those were dangerous. With so much misinformation in regards.
:cool:

I toss them in a neighbors yard bfore they cut the grass!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just kidding cut the leads and home depot you go!

If u got a lowes near you u can bring it there.its the more easy one.good luck

By all means the response above was to a 2016 post, might be a little behind the times.

Wow, that is some bad advice. Lipos will literally explode beyond 4.4V (thereabouts). Yes, it is a sure fire way to get them to 0V but you better prepare for fireworks.
Why am I reading this right now, and why is it continuing on!! 🤣🤣
Leave it to @SrC , he must be a lil loopy today!! 🤯

I've dead shorted with a light bulb on my old lipos before after they have been slowly discharged to aprox. 3.v. No issues. I do it outside in my BBQ. Never an issue for me. To me a lipo is safe and dead when the light bulb goes out. I experimented on a few discarded lipos.
But now I just bring them to Best Buy. Home Depot. Wherever I happen to be going.
No need to even go through any ritual. They are not grenades. Leave em outside when they are toast.
They are most volatile when they are fully charged.

Old posts with Misinformation at times.

I thought the stores like HomeDepot stopped taking lipos about 2 years ago. It was a valid option in 2016 when it was suggested. o_O

They take them where I live.
Sanitation takes them also at their center.

I've dead shorted with a light bulb on my old lipos before after they have been slowly discharged to aprox. 3.v. No issues. I do it outside in my BBQ. Never an issue for me. To me a lipo is safe and dead when the light bulb goes out. I experimented on a few discarded lipos.
But now I just bring them to Best Buy. Home Depot. Wherever I happen to be going.
No need to even go through any ritual. They are not grenades. Leave em outside when they are toast.
They are most volatile when they are fully charged.

Old posts with Misinformation at times.
Don't backtrack now.. pretend like your just going through old posts, reiterating them!! Like u got time for that, we all know what happen here!! 🤣🤣

You lost me. Unfortunately.
May be loopy . Can't rule that out.:unsure:

I keep rereading what I posted and the others......
:p

I thought the stores like HomeDepot stopped taking lipos about 2 years ago. It was a valid option in 2016 when it was suggested. o_O
I don't think FL has strict recycle rules. I could be wrong.:unsure:
In states where strict recycle rules are in place, many of the big box stores take them. They actually make $$ from them.

When I first saw this thread in the list I knew some of you were going to post some wacky lipo disposal methods, I never expected guns and blowdarts tho. lmao

I Have No Idea GIF by NBC

Lets just say the proper way get rid of a lipo is to throw them in the toilet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back