How do you BASH??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wmorgan

When in doubt...bash it!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Typhon 6s
What's your favorite bashing method? Are you a jumper, drifter, speedster, mudder...destroyer?

I like drifting with occasional jumps on dirt, gravel or thin grass (golf courses are ideal ?). I see alot of big air jumpers and speed merchants. What are tips and tricks for big jumps? What do you modify to make your ride capable to land 30'+ jumps and achieve 70+mph speed runs?

Currently I’m a mix, drift/speed neighborhood bashing. Smaller size jumps, drifting around obstacles and spectacular power sliding through corners at the moment. I got into drifting because of the amount of throttle and steering input control needed to do anything that looked good. It helps with learning how to controle the car when loosing traction. I haven’t hit anything stationary since and I rarely use anything but 6s.

I like dirt, drifting and jumps. Dirt is more forgiving when cornering, where grass just grabs and flips you over at high speed.

What mods have you made to handle big jumps? I've watched the RC Dude81 YT videos and he mentions a few on his Typhon...watching that rig makes me salivate.

Chassis braces are a must. I use Voltage except for my Kraton which has Hot Racing. I prefer Voltage though. A T2T brace with Voltage shock towers or an M2C Racing chassis is also a good idea.

I'm a very casual basher. I mostly hit the local parks and try to get to construction sites if I want to get a bit of air. Technically I'm a "breaker of rc's basher" if you need a tag. Always running to the max, never hit a jump right, and mostly land in a cartwheel or flip to the roof. I like Arrma, because they seemed to have had me in mind when they build their trucks. I am an Rc manufacturer's, local hobby store owner's and online rc parts dealer's wet dream. They go to bed at night thinking "can you believe that guy keeps dumping money into his truck! What an idiot!", then fall asleep with smiles on their faces. Your welcome Arrma and all the companies that I support. Doing my best to keep economies rolling.

I'm a very casual basher. I mostly hit the local parks and try to get to construction sites if I want to get a bit of air. Technically I'm a "breaker of rc's basher" if you need a tag. Always running to the max, never hit a jump right, and mostly land in a cartwheel or flip to the roof. I like Arrma, because they seemed to have had me in mind when they build their trucks. I am an Rc manufacturer's, local hobby store owner's and online rc parts dealer's wet dream. They go to bed at night thinking "can you believe that guy keeps dumping money into his truck! What an idiot!", then fall asleep with smiles on their faces. Your welcome Arrma and all the companies that I support. Doing my best to keep economies rolling.
Haha...very honest!! You should post some YT videos and become a YT phenom as a consequence. Lol. I'm probably the exact opposite. I'm very cautious and slowly build up to big jumps. The videos I've seen help me alot to understand the limits of these models. The Arrma models have always stood out as incredibly durable...which is why I'm here and planning to run my Kraton v4 for the first time this weekend!!! 6s comes in today!
Depending on how the Kraton performs I'll be getting a Typhon soon.

Haha...very honest!! You should post some YT videos and become a YT phenom as a consequence. Lol. I'm probably the exact opposite. I'm very cautious and slowly build up to big jumps. The videos I've seen help me alot to understand the limits of these models. The Arrma models have always stood out as incredibly durable...which is why I'm here and planning to run my Kraton v4 for the first time this weekend!!! 6s comes in today!
Depending on how the Kraton performs I'll be getting a Typhon soon.
I do have YouTube videos. You know how long it takes to get footage where the truck lands on all fours? A very long time! If I ran an unedited version, it would make every "fail" site's top 10. I add music as a distraction too. People look past your inabilities when they're entertained by catchy tunes.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzixZj8zmaCg8BjpOGTeiw

I do have YouTube videos. You know how long it takes to get footage where the truck lands on all fours? A very long time! If I ran an unedited version, it would make every "fail" site's top 10. I add music as a distraction too. People look past your inabilities when they're entertained by catchy tunes.
Nice videos! R Kelly...classC! Lol Question: what's all that white stuff?

Checked out the vids... your right... the music helped. J.k.

What's your favorite bashing method? Are you a jumper, drifter, speedster, mudder...destroyer?

I like drifting with occasional jumps on dirt, gravel or thin grass (golf courses are ideal ?). I see alot of big air jumpers and speed merchants. What are tips and tricks for big jumps? What do you modify to make your ride capable to land 30'+ jumps and achieve 70+mph speed runs?

Apparently not much needs to be done to hit the 70+ mark with the Typhon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back